Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Sickener off Chinese

Options
  • 21-05-2009 7:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

I wouldnt usually complain about anything I eat nor will I name the premises but I got an awful dose of food posioning from a Chicken Chow Mein I got on Monday night. I felt a wee bit woosey going to bed but didnt think much of it. I got up for work on Tuesday and It started... Boyso was I sick.. Like Billy Connolly said I thought there was a hosepipe up my h**e. I was sick 5 times until I was just dry wretching. I ate nothing until last night....! Feeling not too bad today

Before you ask what else did I eat on Monday..? I had breakfeast, cornflakes, tae scone, lunch sandwiches and a yougurt and evening break an apple and a bag of crisps... Nothing too much there

I am now put off Chinese food for life... If you want to know which repuable establishment I got the dose from I'll PM it...!

Anybody else get caught ..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I hope to god it wasn't Master Lee's, that's where I ate last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got sick from a dish in a Chinese that I've had 10 times before there. Worst feeling ever. Didn't put me off Chinese food though.
    Still can't eat parma ham after getting food poisoning from a pizza almost ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My roommate got sick off Chinese once.

She ran to the bathroom but didn't make it and threw up in my shoe :mad::(

We tried to report them to the health inspector, but I don't think anything came of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

i have an innate distrust of chicken from chinese restaurants. it's a survival thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Friend of mine got food poisoning from a Chinese a couple of months ago.
    She's still off Chinese food...

I got food poisoning off a delivered lunch sandwich once - wanted to report it (I was really, really "need an injection from Westdoc after thinking I was going to die" sick for 4 days), and was told that "can't do that, you don't want to put the sandwich guy out of business". (this was way back in 2005)
    Ehm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Which chinese was it?

I eat chinese food seldom enough, but never eat chicken from them just veg options.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Xiney wrote: »
    My roommate got sick off Chinese once.

She ran to the bathroom but didn't make it and threw up in my shoe :mad::(

We tried to report them to the health inspector, but I don't think anything came of it.

That's what you get for kicking her face when she was ill!

You should name and shame TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Think its libellious to print up the name of a place though isnt it? Thats whey he said to PM him?
    I was very sick after eating Chinese before xmas,started getting sick at like 7.30 am in the morning after the night before and was sick for about two to three days in total. However the two other people that i ate with were fine and what made it worse was its the place we always go to and have never had any problems with.
    Friend told me it was probably the egg fried rice, thats where your more likely to get sick from than the chicken (but shure coulda been that too :confused: ) However it did put me off chinese for months and even now i will rarely touch the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No naming businesses pls, see charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I got a bad dose from a Chinese last year. I was s*itting on the toilet and gawking into sink at same time.

Mrs ErnieBert was alomost sick herself with the smell.

Er, is that too much information?

The place in question is in the suburbs and I have never darkend it's door since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

Chicken Chow Mein

r ya sure it was chicken chow mein........

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

i got food poisoning 2 years ago from a hot chicken roll from a deli..
    thought i was going to die with the bad cramps,
    Doc told me you can get FP from something you ate 48 hrs before
    and she said salad is a prime suspect for this especially in the summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I got a bad dose from a Chinese last year. I was s*itting on the toilet and gawking into sink at same time.

Thats very funny. The same thing happened to me last year. I was sick for a few days after eating a chinese. I spent ages on the toilet and had a bucket on the floor beside the toilet. One minute I'd be in a sweat, the next freezing cold. I even fainted off the toilet late one night and stayed on the floor. Had put me off chinese forever.

Will pm op soon.
    Edit: I've just remember that my brother order a chinese a few years ago, around 2 years. He ordered chicken balls for take away. Well eating a chicken ball he found a piece of glass in the middle of the chicken ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,940 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exact same symptoms for me aswell ayear or so ago, more fluid than I thought a human body could store coming out both ends all night once, this was from a chicken curry in a turkish run place in Athlone though, havent touched a chicken curry since and probably never will now, cant stand the sight or smell of them anymore. I looked like Id been in a concentraion camp the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah thats true about the rice alright/ I think its upwards of 80% of chinese/india take away food poisining is from the rice. Depending on the type of food poisoning contracted, the incubation rates can be anything from half an hour to two days! Not very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

It's just the nutrients in the chinese food cleaning out your system. A sort of detox effect. You have to stay on a constant diet of chinese take-aways to feel the real benefit. After that there is no more detoxing either.......... well this what I tell myself to feel better about myself anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I cant eat Chinese anymore, was at a wedding and someone told me that they grow the nail on their pinky finger long to scratch their bum, I looked it up and it ain't why they have it, reason is a kind of social statement i.e they don't do manual work (status symbol), well anyway went to my local Chinese saw the nail on the hand that served and cooked my food and nearly threw up...never had a prob with the food or anything just cant get that image out of my head... and yeah i know that apparently people in chippers spit in burgers and mcdonalds have condoms in their fries but the whole chinese thing freaks me out a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I wouldnt usually complain about anything I eat nor will I name the premises but I got an awful dose of food posioning from a Chicken Chow Mein I got on Monday night.
    Anybody else get caught ..?
    Two simple rules:

1. Never ordering anything seafood related from a restaurant or take-away on a Monday/Tuesday

2. Never eat from a Chinese take-away where you can't see the food being prepared.

I got food poisoning twice from Chinese by ignoring the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Two simple rules:

1. Never ordering anything seafood related from a restaurant or take-away on a Monday/Tuesday

2. Never eat from a Chinese take-away where you can't see the food being prepared.

I got food poisoning twice from Chinese by ignoring the above.

Thats damn good advice.. I had a dose of diahorrea all last night and I thought I was over the worst of it.... I will just have to eat nowt and try and just let it work through..... Never Never Never again

After last night I have a good mind to report it to the EHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Are you all saying that the Chinese are putting poison in the food you are buying . 99.99% of the time poison is cooked out of food when it is sold, 01% of the problem is people eating with dirty hands and a bigger percentage are Irish drunks with bad personal hygiene problems .

All food has bacteria some good & some bad, if the bad is not heated then you can blame the person who sold you cold food.

Try some Takifugu to get a real fix of food poisoning or try a trip to Bangladesh and eat with your hands. Now there's something to think about .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

or food that was off, or at least not 100 % fresh anymore. I wouldnt say that any food outlet consciously "puts" poison in any food they sell, but sometimes, there seems to be a lack of care and hygiene standards.

(it's not just Chinese food, by the way.).

Of course its not only chineese food, its incredibally common in all fast food outlets such as burger bars etc
    It's actually the method of cooking and incorrect storage of prepared food re time/temperatures that causes the majority of cases, or the personal hygiene of the staff,
    Irish drunks with bad personal hygiene problems
    Slightly slandarous comment, but anyway.
    It is generally nothing whatsoever to do with the personal hygiene of the actual consumer. The common types of bacteria found on the hands will never give you food poisioning.
    A lot of the ast food type resteraunts will pre-prepare rice and only half cook it and leave it aside at improper temperatures, allowing the bacteria time to multiply. Then before serving they give it a flash fry and there you go. One of the most common organisms linked with rice food poisoning actually produces spores which are very difficult to remove unless the right temperatures of 90-100 degrees are maintained for upwards of five minutes.

*mono* wrote: »
    I cant eat Chinese anymore, was at a wedding and someone told me that they grow the nail on their pinky finger long to scratch their bum

Try eating an Irish who only bathe once a week or possible never, that will sort out your problems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

All this talk of food is making me hungry, sh1ts or no sh1ts!

This is getting a bit shaky I think. I don't want diferent nationalities slagging each other off, we should keep on topic about food poisoning.

Asmodean wrote: »

Slightly slandarous comment, but anyway.

How can this be "Slightly" The Topic is "Got Sickener off Chinese" So can I start off a Topic by writing "Got Sickener off Galwanese"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

shindig-jp wrote: »
    How can this be "Slightly" The Topic is "Got Sickener off Chinese" So can I start off a Topic by writing "Got Sickener off Galwanese"

Sure, did that happen to you?

The Topic should be the semantics between a wrench and a spanner .

But the OP starts off a Topic about the Chinese then changes the subject to food poisoning . The Chinese nation are a whole who have many different ethnic peoples who prepare food in varying ways . The OP is pinpointing a people from a certain establishment and is requesting members from this thread to privately PM Him/Her to talk about people who prepare poisonous food for sale to make galwegion people sick.

Thank you Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm not a mod of this subforum, i'm just a normal mamber like anyone else.

Anyhoo, it's pretty clear you got the wrong end of the stick here, it's not a "pick on the chinese nation" thread, but an "I got food poisoning, the place happened to be a chinese resturant" thread. It is a shame the place cannot be named in public, but thems the rules.

Advertisement