Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Sickener off Chinese

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

shindig-jp wrote: »
    The Topic should be the semantics between a wrench and a spanner .

But the OP starts off a Topic about the Chinese then changes the subject to food poisoning . The Chinese nation are a whole who have many different ethnic peoples who prepare food in varying ways . The OP is pinpointing a people from a certain establishment and is requesting members from this thread to privately PM Him/Her to talk about people who prepare poisonous food for sale to make galwegion people sick.

Thank you Mod.

He started a topic about Chinese food giving him food poisoning.

He could have just as easily said "Got Sickener off Chipper"

"Chinese" is just what Irish people call Chinese Takeaway. For example, "Will we spring for a Chinese Mossey? Aragh, I could murder a Chicken Chow Mein"

(Only in this case, the Chicken Chow Mein got its revenge)

Oh, and I'm not a mod of this forum either, in case you're wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Melty wrote: »
    i have an innate distrust of chicken from chinese restaurants. it's a survival thing...

Nothing wrong with perfectly shaped cubes of delicious putty like chicken, nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

LOL. You'd have to be thick as a plank if you thought the OP was having a go at a nation of people.

That or a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

2. Never eat from a Chinese take-away where you can't see the food being prepared.

fairly certain I've never gotten a chinese takeaway from a place where you could see the food being prepared....do they exist??

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

"Chinese" is just what Irish people call Chinese Takeaway. For example, "Will we spring for a Chinese Mossey? Aragh, I could murder a Chicken Chow Mein"

Yes that is quite funny how you are representing all Irish who call Chinese 'A Takeaway". and murdering a Chicken Called Chow Mein along with getting a sickener from Chipper . My Dog is called Chipper and anybody kissing Chipper ! Well you know the old saying " Feeling as sick as a Chipper " .

Payday Today (Thank Gee it's Friday) Gee Thanks very much.... Have a nice weekend everybody .. Che Che. Arigato,

Go raibh mile maith agat = Guru's rabid meal and his Mot's Gut , Just in case none understand IRISH>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am a Mod of this forum and see nothing wrong with this thread. It's quite evident the OP refers to food and not the nation.

In addition: LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

lucky noone said they could murder a chinese after reading this thread

mrsweebri wrote: »
    lucky noone said they could murder a chinese after reading this thread

mrsweebri
    Glad you are of... my sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Melty wrote: »
    fairly certain I've never gotten a chinese takeaway from a place where you could see the food being prepared....do they exist??

The new place in renmore, everything cooked before your eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah definitely helps toward that peace of mind! Should be the same with every food establishment IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

You can't get food poisoning if you wash everything down with whiskey...

Sure it'll eventually kill you, but at least you'll have a happy and healthy next 5 years.

lol if only it was so easy, and fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Not a big fan of Chinese food. This put me right off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How to tell it's actually chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've had campylobacter, only once thankfully. Very similar symptoms to what the OP and some of you described.

The doctor said that it could have come from anything I'd eaten in the last ten days, most probably in the last 2-5 days. Couldn't work out exactly where, but the most likely culprit was chicken I'd eaten at a local Irish pub. (Not in Ireland, BTW)

Do ya reckon that means I should avoid food in Irish pubs forever? (Personally I just stopped eating the chicken there.)

Was your Campylobacter a bi-polar flagella, At least a dozen species of Campylobacter have been implicated in spontaneous abortions ,also it's an opportunisitic pathogen in Irish humans who eat Chinese humans.

The poor chicken ! next we will be calling it a Bloody Swine . Do you think people will stop eating pig at a local Irish (not in Ireland of course)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Was your Campylobacter a bi-polar flagella, At least a dozen species of Campylobacter have been implicated in spontaneous abortions ,also it's an opportunisitic pathogen in Irish humans who eat Chinese humans.

The poor chicken ! next we will be calling it a Bloody Swine . Do you think people will stop eating pig at a local Irish (not in Ireland of course)

Chicken in this country is fu(king ****e anyway.

Irish pork is as good as anywhere and can easily be eaten medium-rare, i serve my roast rack of pork fairly pink and never had a problem, eat any chicken anything less than welldone and watch your arse explode.

I know which one I consider cleaner.

Was your Campylobacter a bi-polar flagella
    That would be Campylobacter Jejuni, which is the most common organism associated with food poisioning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I also got bad food poisoning after eating a Chinese take away a few years back. I was very, very ill and had an intense fever and vomited blood. I now never touch Chinese take aways.

The unpalatable (excuse thye pun) fact is - most Chinese "restaurants" in Ireland have pretty poor hygiene and certainly the quality of their food is questionable. They don't deserve to be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

i got also got food poisoning from a chicken chow mein about a year ago i had it with rice and boy was it not a nice thing to throw up! it put me off rice for a long time even now i still get a bit squirmy when i eat it!
    my doctor told me i could also have had a reaction to MSG preservative which is in most of those gloupy(???) sauces that thy use in chinese food

• Advertisement

Thats right MSG *Monosodium glutimate* is an extract that was originally isolated from seaweed extract. Its in most mass-produced savoury foods like crisps, lends them an addictive quality. Most cases in reference to it being toxic/harmful are mostly anecdotal as it has been found to be not dangerous in most cases, but people can have a bad adverse reaction to it all the same.
    The dangerous aspect to most food poisoning organisms is the sheer damage they can cause if they gain access to your blood-stream such as menningitis and septecaemia. There's a pretty nasty infection known as HUS that can stem from E. Coli 0157: H7 (The nastiest E.coli) that has left young kids on dialysis for the rest of their lives due to acute kidney failure. I think a lot of people only associate food poisoning with a dose of diarrhoea but it can be much worse for a small percentage of people.

Advertisement