Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy game for my Mac??

Options
  • 21-05-2009 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been looking everywhere and nobody seems to stock games for macs!!!!

Can anyone tell me where i could pick up a few please?
    Im going through withdrawals!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭b1ackr0se

yeah i ordered cod from there just looking to see if there is a shop i can have a browse

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You'll have to browse online.

Or install WinXP via Bootcamp ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Plenty of the better downloadable games are available on Mac. Have World of Goo for my Macbook which is fantastic, and Plants vs Zombies is Mac ready too. Only other game I have installed is Spore, which runs really well but isn't for everyone (although I do think there is a good few hours of enjoyable gameplay in there - don't expect it to last forever).

Bigger games I'd say online is your best bet tbh. Not sure what shops stock Mac games - Spectra maybe? And most game stores will likely only have cross compatible ones like Spore. As much as I love my Mac, I think its just easier to stick to consoles for my gaming needs. Bootcamp will be your best option if you really want to game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

WoW is suposedly running on Mac.
    Be wary, it'll suck you in pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Hi

Most games you can buy work in mac, i bought Championship manager, a few flight sims and rainbow 6 las vegas in game and they all worked on both my macs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Hi

Most games you can buy work in mac, i bought Championship manager, a few flight sims and rainbow 6 las vegas in game and they all worked on both my macs :)

+1

Pretty sure alot of my games have "PC-DVD & MAC" in the little white label on the spine

So wouldnt rule Game out of the mix completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Yeah i checked out Game and there was only a few cross compat games.
    Warcraft, Spore.... actually that was it. Spore didnt look like my kinda game.

Actually it was WoW i ordered from the mac store.

@ Johnny - Thanks mate gonna have a look at those games.

Oh... i will not be installing windows on this baby.

Oh... one more thing (wrong thread i know)
    Im having major problems with my O2 mobile broadband.
    Its connecting fine... (after i had to go look for the drivers!! b@stards)

BUT

When im downloading anything it starts ok but after it gets about 5mb down then it locks up. No internet connection, O2 connect screen locks up. I need to restart the macbook before i can get it connected again.

Anyone every have this issue?

• Advertisement

em ok i had a look at the games i could download. eh no

Im looking for proper games like GOOD GAMES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Running XP or Vista is fine on the mac. I run Sins of the Solar Empire and City of Heroes on my Macbook just fine.

Think there is a mac beta for City of Heroes now. There is a virtualisation process that is being used now that lets PCs games run just fine on an Intel Mac running OS X. That's the system they used for Spore, you could crack open the app and see it had a exe file inside.

Also.. I've seen Mac specific titles for sale in Spectra next to the Molly Malone statue. Can't imagine the prices would be great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

b1ackr0se wrote: »
    em ok i had a look at the games i could download. eh no

Im looking for proper games like GOOD GAMES!!

Crysis, hear it runs well on a mac :D

see the reason why im not putting Win on this is i am a Network Engineer and have been for the last 10 years. I decided i needed a new gadget so bought myself a macbook pro,

JESUS!!! For all you people still using windows.... CHANGE!

Even without the laptop turned on its much prettier :)

Molly Malone statue? Sorry lads im so bad with directions im lucky if i find my way home after work!! What street is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

b1ackr0se wrote: »
    see the reason why im not putting Win on this is i am a Network Engineer and have been for the last 10 years. I decided i needed a new gadget so bought myself a macbook pro,

JESUS!!! For all you people still using windows.... CHANGE!

Even without the laptop turned on its much prettier :)

Molly Malone statue? Sorry lads im so bad with directions im lucky if i find my way home after work!! What street is it on?

I'm not doubting the advantages of a mac... but gaming really isn't one of them.

The Molly Malone satue is at the end of Grafton Street. There's a shop there that sells a bunch of mac stuff.

Might take a trip in tomorrow so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Yeah I really must change to mac so that I can make threads about what games I can play, instead of knowing I can play them all.

Ah... always good to finish a thread with an @sshole.

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

apple store and ebay is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

mac_gamers2_qjpreviewth.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Pretty much all blizzard games work on mac.

WoW for mac even had its own version of fraps which the pc version didn't get.

Advertisement