Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gofree indigo problems

• 21-05-2009 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

I am a BT broadband user for few years. An Apple mac user. My main email account is the gofree indigo which I had for the last 13 years. But the last few months its a hit or miss. I can recieve email but won't be able to send one. The mail will stay as a draft for weeks & then it will be sent.
    Now I can't receive email at all. The mail app keep asking me to type in my password, I do that many times but no joy. Yet when I look into the account details the password is saved.
    I decided to use Entourage, I get error 17900.
    Now I have an iPhone which I used to access the account from ,but this has stopped.
    I have created a gmail account & I am gradually phasing out this indigo account. But many years of surfing the net I need to visit the many sites to change my email details. This will take time.
    Anyone got any ideas.?
    I use port 110, but someone said use port 25. I have googled the problem & someone suggest port 587.
    Help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wasper wrote: »
    I am a BT broadband user for few years. An Apple mac user. My main email account is the gofree indigo which I had for the last 13 years. But the last few months its a hit or miss. I can recieve email but won't be able to send one. The mail will stay as a draft for weeks & then it will be sent.
    Now I can't receive email at all. The mail app keep asking me to type in my password, I do that many times but no joy. Yet when I look into the account details the password is saved.
    I decided to use Entourage, I get error 17900.
    Now I have an iPhone which I used to access the account from ,but this has stopped.
    I have created a gmail account & I am gradually phasing out this indigo account. But many years of surfing the net I need to visit the many sites to change my email details. This will take time.
    Anyone got any ideas.?
    I use port 110, but someone said use port 25. I have googled the problem & someone suggest port 587.
    Help is very much appreciated.

You should be using BT's SMTP server to send, not Indigo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

Spear wrote: »
    You should be using BT's SMTP server to send, not Indigo's.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have followed BT's instructions. But the pop server for indigo still refuses me & keep asking for the password.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks for your reply.
    I have followed BT's instructions. But the pop server for indigo still refuses me & keep asking for the password.

pop.indigo.ie does need your password to collect email, that's normal. Try using www.mail2web.com to check your mail and see if your password works there.

pop.indigo.ie does need your password to collect email, that's normal. Try using www.mail2web.com to check your mail and see if your password works there.
    No joy, I get this message"

Error : Login Failure. Please check your email address and re-enter your password.

So do I need to contact eircom for this problem?

No joy, I get this message"

Error : Login Failure. Please check your email address and re-enter your password.

So do I need to contact eircom for this problem?

Did you use your full email address, including the @gofree.indigo.ie? If so then you should reset your password through the Eircom support page.

• Advertisement

Did you use your full email address, including the @gofree.indigo.ie? If so then you should reset your password through the Eircom support page.
    It is configured to only eircom.net accounts.
    I need to ring a line (not a free one) to sort the problem.
    Thanks for your all help.

Advertisement