Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere nice to eat...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

humberklog wrote: »
    I was in Indian Ocean

Good review, thanks for that Humber, will deffo try it. That area seems to be the place to be for excellent deals on eating out, I believe "Green 19" is supposed to be amazing value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I'm also thinking about Chapter One
    Africa wrote: »
    In my opinion Chapter One is worth it
    I'd have to agree about Chapter One - it's my and my wife's favourite restaurant
    Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Tried Chapter One and its booked every Friday and Saturday for the next 10 weeks:eek: No recession there
    spurious wrote: »
    Chapter One is definitely the best restaurant in that part of town
    I see the eminent AA Gill gave Chapter One a great review in today's Sunday Times.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

lightening wrote: »
    Good review, thanks for that Humber, will deffo try it. That area seems to be the place to be for excellent deals on eating out, I believe "Green 19" is supposed to be amazing value too.
    I was in Green 19 on Wednesday. Brilliant, brilliant, briiliant. Small menu, excellent staff (this wasn't the case at the beginning so I'm glad I held back on judgement), hearty, tasty and seasonal food and with main courses capped at a tenner, well you're not going to go far wrong.
    This is a restaurant doing everything right at the moment.

Shared platter of selected pinchos for two, two main, bottle of house red (excellent and coming in at 16 a pop) and a few glasses of tap...50 quid (that's with over a fiver tip).. For robust, intelligent food from a kitchen where the chef obviously cares what he sends out to a floor staff that care what they deliver: you can't go wrong.
    This is the way businesses should be operating.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I see the eminent AA Gill gave Chapter One a great review in today's Sunday Times.

He did indeed and Dublin as a city came out good too. It was interesting reading as I really like AA and was very interested to see how resaurant and city combined would fair off in his eye...and it faired off very well.

Advertisement