Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best View of Cork City

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If your looking for one of city subarbs included there is some nice spots from Leghnamore hill in the southside one or two of the lanes off the main road have excellent views

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

What about if you go up passed Montenotti, and walks down lovers lane?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40035015@N08/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I always like looking towards along the Lee ar night on the bridge across from the bus station when I'm walking back from the train at night in college. Q=3 of the Boole library in UCC ives good enough views of the city (through glass though), but maybe if you can pull a few strings you might be able to get up to Q=4 for a slightly beter view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

dennisc24 wrote: »
    If you have a car, go down this narrow road where the green marker is. On Google Maps it just shows as a tiny little cul-de-sac, but there's actually a narrow country road that runs paralell to the Airport Hill. Halfway down, you will see what is by far the most magnificent view of the whole city. I work near the airport and some evenings I will go to the trouble of driving down this narrow road/track on the way home from work just for this view. Sorry I don't have a pic for you.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=51.849202,-8.474414&sll=51.897865,-8.471094&sspn=0.055099,0.128059&ie=UTF8&ll=51.849194,-8.474321&spn=0.012672,0.027595&z=15

The narrow road ends at this green marker, just so you know where you're gonna end up:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=51.866165,-8.479393&sll=51.849194,-8.474321&sspn=0.012672,0.027595&ie=UTF8&ll=51.863772,-8.469901&spn=0.012668,0.027595&z=15

Great spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 itscorklike

ye are ALL wrong.... go to South Link Business park ballycurreen (as you just leaving grange take a left after lights and, go up the hill and next right, go to the end of industrial park, as you approach the end you will HAVE to take out your camera..... view is breathtaking) will say no more.. just go and see and you will see i am right.... on a clear day is best.... guaranteed you will be telling everyone... AND its lovely to show visitors... and its all free!!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ye are ALL wrong.... go to South Link Business park ballycurreen (as you just leaving grange take a left after lights and, go up the hill and next right, go to the end of industrial park, as you approach the end you will HAVE to take out your camera..... view is breathtaking) will say no more.. just go and see and you will see i am right.... on a clear day is best.... guaranteed you will be telling everyone... AND its lovely to show visitors... and its all free!!! )

I'd hope they managed to find somewhere in the four years since they asked…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Best view of the city i've experienced is from Montenotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Penthouse of the County Hall ftw. I was at a wedding there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

cantdecide wrote: »
    Penthouse of the County Hall ftw. I was at a wedding there recently.

"civil" ceremony? :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

There's a little housing estate near apple that looks over the city can see all of bishopstown to the west and even parts of balincolig then sweeping views of city and over to blackrock ballintemple mahon and even railways station that's about as good as I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Loire wrote: »
    "civil" ceremony? :pac::pac::pac:

I have brought shame on my house... and my driveway... and my shed... and my cat...

:pac:

Advertisement