Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay in Strandhill?

Options
  • 21-05-2009 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Heading to Strandhill for the weekend. Looking for nice B&B within walking distance of the beach & pub! Not interested in camping.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 faoilean

Hmm.. Strandhill's not the best for accomodation tbh. We tend to stay in Sligo and travel to wherever the waves are best each day :D Treetops is a nice B&B there

Stayed in the Dunes before - wouldn't really recommend though. Nice people, good atmosphere in the bar downstairs but quite basic and very loud if you're actually trying to get a bit of kip before an early surf. By jaysus it's freezing of an October bank holiday weekend :brr:

If you're willing to slum it a bit, there's a hostel down right across the road from the main pub by the beach. Not sure if it's the most competitive of prices though...

Haven't tried any B&Bs in Strandhill though so I suppose I'm not really any use to you. Happy hunting and let us know if you uncover a gem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

faoilean wrote: »
    Hmm.. Strandhill's not the best for accomodation tbh. We tend to stay in Sligo and travel to wherever the waves are best each day :D Treetops is a nice B&B there

Stayed in the Dunes before - wouldn't really recommend though. Nice people, good atmosphere in the bar downstairs but quite basic and very loud if you're actually trying to get a bit of kip before an early surf. By jaysus it's freezing of an October bank holiday weekend :brr:

If you're willing to slum it a bit, there's a hostel down right across the road from the main pub by the beach. Not sure if it's the most competitive of prices though...

Haven't tried any B&Bs in Strandhill though so I suppose I'm not really any use to you. Happy hunting and let us know if you uncover a gem :)

That hostel opposite the strand is actually quite good value. I know someone who stayed there. They thought it was fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

What ever happened to the caravans? Do they not rent them out anymore? Would have thought they'd be cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

tuppence wrote: »
    What ever happened to the caravans? Do they not rent them out anymore? Would have thought they'd be cheap...

I'm sure they do but poster said no camping, if you don't mind a caravan, the camping is indeed nearby everything.

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=88

sorry, just read my own link. No they don't rent any.

Advertisement