Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone ISP down?

• 21-05-2009 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Began at yesterday evening, I found my mobile phone's explorer did not have any response from the Vodafone ISP.

Anyone met the same problem? Or it's just my mobile phone's problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

same here in mayo since yesterday, 11 am...has been ok for an hour now.
    how did this help? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Not working in Galway its been down all day. Live is working fine.

still down for me is there anyone else having problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 stdlogic

still down for me is there anyone else having problems?

The same to me in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Sporadic problems. Was going to smash my phone against the wall yesterday. Still on and off

• Advertisement

its a joke come on Vodafone get the finger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Due to coverage issues (in Dublin!) I ported my Meteor number over to Vodafone two weeks ago.

The ISP APN was never working reliably for me on Vodafone, it would work for a session or two, then stop working, again work an hour later, etc. All this in areas with perfect coverage. I thought it was just me...

I can't use the Live! APN for Opera Mini because my Nokia 3120 classic does not allow me to enter proxy settings for the generic (non-web) access point. Apparently a "feature" of S40 FP5. Oh, and sending the settings from "My Vodafone" doesn't work either, I never receive an SMS with them. Indeed even when Vodafone customer service told me they would send me the settings, I never received them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm using the Vodafone ISP access point with a prepay SIM in Dublin at the moment without issue.

Working again for me in Maynooth its seems to be a problem out the west. I called Vodafone there not aware of any network issues.

• Advertisement

down for me and 3 others that I know in dublin today

I just discovered it works fine when I switch to gsm mode but won't work on 3g can anyone else check this out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 stdlogic

I just discovered it works fine when I switch to gsm mode but won't work on 3g can anyone else check this out?
    It's same to me. Seems Vodafone 'updates' its 3g network to GSM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm using 3g vodafone with the isp apn without issue again this morning in dublin.

Yeah its working again now alright after about 10 calls they tell me they fixed a problem on my account, its funny everyone else I know who couldn't get it working and didn't call are all working now as well. A network problem that they didn't want to admit i'd say.

hmmm down again for me can anyone else check now? Its working on gsm only mode no problem just not on 3G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

I can confirm this right now in Dublin. Phone was on 3G, tried to use ISP APN, no go. Switched to GSM mode, ISP APN works. Switched back to 3G, doesn't work. Tried Live! APN over 3G, that works (which confirms that it is not a signal issue with 3G).

Yeah live and hs are working for me still no isp there going to look into it tomorrow but as far as there aware right now there is no problem

This is a joke - called Vodafone and they said that there is no problem. Seems to happen around peak commuting times?

Anyway have found that if I switch to 2G all continues fine. I hope that this is resolved soon as I will fu*k this sim in the bin and move to someone else.

Same here mate I rang about 10 times they won't do anything to fix it, works in some places not in others but always works when your on gsm its a joke but what can ya do if they don't want to listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

would this be why i cant retrieve emails using the nokia e mail client on my phone? for about a week now.

i'm vodafone prepay btw. my phone is only gprs not 3g
    connecting to gmail using vodafone live= min 99c
    connccting to gmail using nokias pop3 email client and vf Misp = 2c for a few emails??

is this the same problem you guys are having?

Not exactly mate it works but not when phone is set to 3g this seems to be a localised problem too some areas it works and others it doesn't

Here's a weird thing: not at all working on my e71since last Sat., but absolutely no probs on my treo pro. now wtf LOL

And yes, I HAVE reset the E71, reentered various ap settings, switched 3g off and on and on-ner... Isp is NOT working.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

It's working ok in Limerick and Clare

Sometimes fails on 2g also. I am a PAYG customer. Maybe there is a capacity issue on the network?

For me, travelling by train from Skerries to the southside. You would think that the signal would, in general be ok.

Was in C'Bar today. Very funny: in the official Voda store they claimed they hadn't heard of this issue at all... In the C&C voda franchise they were already collecting signatures to fire off some nasty complaints cause in Mayo it's apparently down most of the time, and peeps are starting to port to other networks (not like voda's mobile web rates are cheap)

So they are making fools of their customers. Nice of them!

Advertisement