Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burton Sale - £49 Suits etc.

• 21-05-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Burton have another 50% sale on suits etc. Not bad quality for £49 a suit at all although sizes are limited for some of them. I'm wearing one I got in their Christmas sale right now!

SOme of the prices are cheaper than below also. They have shirt/tie combo's for £7

Not sure if free delivery counts for Ireland - Usual delivery price is £3.95

wk38_thurs_50perc_title.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Is this online only or available in stores here do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Online only. Its a UK site. If clothes don't fit, you don't like them etc. you can get your money back in the Irish branches if you bring the clothes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

oppiuy wrote: »
    Is this online only or available in stores here do you know?

Ring 'em there and let us know ;)

Ireland
    Phone +44 844 984 0260
    (Calls charged at national rate)
    Email: feedback@burton.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bunch of clowns.. not buying off them again!

Read here!

basquille wrote: »

Read here!

Put in an order of around £150 after Christmas received everything 4 days later. Must be up and down with their service.

Forgot to add that if you put in NUS10 you get another 10% off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I rarely shop online, but i do like Burtons stuff. Think i mite chance it if they have some nice suits. Ive a couple of weddings during the summer.

Thanks for the extra 10% off code as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

What are their sizes like? I'm a 32R usually, and I'm looking at 2 pairs of Bedford Corduroy trousers, 30R and 34R (none in my size, of course).

The last time I bought clothes online (American Eagle) the jeans were quite loose fitting and I'd rather not make the same mistake!

Sappy404 wrote: »
    What are their sizes like? I'm a 32R usually, and I'm looking at 2 pairs of Bedford Corduroy trousers, 30R and 34R (none in my size, of course).

The last time I bought clothes online (American Eagle) the jeans were quite loose fitting and I'd rather not make the same mistake!

I just matched the sizes up to my other suits and were fine. If they have 32L you could always get them taken up. Easy to return by bringing back to the shop so maybe worth the chance if they dont work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

use 30coupon100 for £30 off purchase over £100

its on the home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Oh no stay clear unless you want to receive a shirt and tie and not the whole suit. They have a habit of despatching half of their orders, charging full delivery and goods may not arrive for months even though they were in stock when you order. They are a pain to deal with. Same goes for topshop.

• Advertisement

Keith C wrote: »
    use 30coupon100 for £30 off purchase over £100

its on the home page

Didn't notice that. Cheers. Wasn't sure whether I was going to get anything but thought no harm with that. Worst that can happen is it gets cancelled or i've to bring the stuff back.

Went for the £89 suit, a pair of shoes not in the sale, a popeye t-shirt :D and a tie!

Load of nice Quiksilver stuff was in the sale but out of stock now unfortunately. Most shirt / tie combo's gone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Would not take their clothes for free. Shower of langers!

Orders been dispatched already anyway so looking good. Maybe they've learnt their lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nice Uncle P

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: No personal selling here please!

<SNIP>

Ill offer €5, by the way posting your mobile on the internet

facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

well i chanced my arm on two orders, giving burton one last chance (used the £30 & £15 vouchers) Both arrived within 5 days, one was even dropped into a neighbour :eek:

& the best item is: animal from seaseme St towel :cool:

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20553&storeId=12551&productId=1170399&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

Animal wasn't in Sesame Street. Get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jimbojambo

basquille wrote: »

Read here!

Glad I read that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I had no problems with them at all. But I would never buy a suit unseen.

Advertisement