Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Clubs/Gigs

Options
  • 21-05-2009 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Are there any comedy clubs or regular comedy gigs in Limerick city? I have googled but not coming up with much - all info seems to be from '07 or '08

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wish there were more, Tom.

Dolan's run gigs from time to time, but there is nothing coming up.

University Concert Hall have big gigs (Billy Connolly, etc.). Nothing coming there soon either.

Finally, UL's Student Union Ents page will list any gigs (comedy or otherwise) coming up on campus. Page is pretty out of date since Rag Week though.... Went to some brilliant gigs there a couple of years ago (they had a week where different comedy acts played every night).

Like I said, I wish there was more...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Trinity rooms runs a regular comedy gig in association with Schnitzel comedy. Went to a few this year, inc David o Doherty who was awesome. heard it will be kept up too, if you add them on facebook ul get regular reminders of the upcoming comedians. not sure if its running over summer or not, but its a great night out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Damn I wish I went to see David O'Doherty, purely so I could punch him in his not funny face

Dolans had some great comedy gigs a few years back, saw Flight of the Conchords long before they ever became famous and they were great, only saw them by chance I was being dragged to a Jason Byrne show but the person got the dates mixed up, so I avoided that gobshyte and saw a good show instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

heard about that flight of the conchords gig, gutted i missed it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah there used to be a Comedy Club running out of the old Savoy Bar a good few years ago. It then moved to Dolan's, Karl Spain was the MC and Fitzy before he became well known. Remember also seeing the likes of Jason Byrne, Deirdre O'Kane and Des Bishop there before they became household names.

• Advertisement
Advertisement