Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to say Farewell

• 21-05-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

As the title may suggest i think myself that it's time to say farewell to the whole modding game. I have real life events and goals that i want to work on and with that in mind i just don't see myself maintaining the dedication to moderate this fine forum. I've done it for nigh on nine months now i think and its been a pleasure to mod this forum. The forum has moved on a lot in the last year or so. When i first began to post here, there was only a hand full of people who would regularily post here and 2 or 3 posts a day on this forum in total was an achievement. Since then the forum has sprung alive and attracted a decent quantity of dedicated posters and the community has thrived. We've come up with new innovative threads that you can now see are being adopted and innovated throughout the boards community,ie "the random waffle thread" which we had here.

You are all a good bunch of posters and i could count the number of bad experiences on one hand that i have encountered during my time as being a mod here. It's been a great laugh, especially some of the witty posts and we've established a great community spirit here that in my opinion matches and most of the time exceeds that of other fora here on boards.ie.So to cut a long story short, i'm off. Thanks for the giggles. I've discussed with my co-mod the reasons for why i have to leave and we've made suggestions regarding replacements that need to be made. In the time being take it easy on Pat, the poor guy. He means well and does a damn fine job modding this forum voluntarily which most people seem to overlook so cut pat and whoever your new moderator is a break.

Anyways Folks i'm off. Twas nice being your mod.

Regards
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well Dan thanks for the last 9 months you have been a very fair and likeable mod. I would just like to wish you all the best in your future endeavours and hope we continue to see you around here.

Thanks for giving of your time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Best of Luck Dan ,,;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Have fun Dan and good luck. Don't be a stranger though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

good luck dan.....
    any idea who the new mod is going to be? so we can haze him, before he has any power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

aynon wrote: »
    good luck dan.....
    any idea who the new mod is going to be? so we can haze him, before he has any power?

i do it's in discussion with the admins at the moment. It's a surprise. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Do we know him/her?? Should we be scared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Dan what can i say you were a pleasure to mod with and I hope lifes achievements come through for you, p.s your still the photo mod haha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

patrickc wrote: »
    Dan what can i say you were a pleasure to mod with and I hope lifes achievements come through for you, p.s your still the photo mod haha:D

well if you can give me access to mod that i will :P
    onli joking. ah you know the story with how i wanted it run. I'm sure you two will continue it that way.

i do like me a surprise! like super-rush said? do we know him/her? when will we be informed?

aynon wrote: »
    i do like me a surprise! like super-rush said? do we know him/her? when will we be informed?

theres a welcome thread on them aynon now..

• Advertisement

damn you all!

stick dan, the whole posey give you the best of luck in the future....
    lets leave you with this-
    celtics_hug_getty_260.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Damn, and I never gave you the opportunity of punishing me!! I had a good one in mind, I was going to spam all the threads here, dig up old ones from the past and be a general nuisance, but, it'll have to wait for some other time.:p

All the best dude!

Damn, and I never gave you the opportunity of punishing me!! I had a good one in mind, I was going to spam all the threads here, dig up old ones from the past and be a general nuisance, but, it'll have to wait for some other time.:p

All the best dude!

just you try it boss...

dont do it man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Goodbye and good luck to Dan the mod, Welcome back Dan the poster.
    :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This really should have been put in the chit chat topic... or merged with the welcome thread... Self glory and all!

Cheere-o anywho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Shine on you crazy diamond:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement