Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDWOW One day sale on Friday

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi All

Just got an email about this from CDWOW

This Friday CD WOW! will be having a bumper size sale that will give incredible discounts across its range of products.

Date:
    Friday 22nd May 2009 – One Day Sale

Discounts:
    • £1 off all CDs & Books
    • £1.50 off all DVDs
    • £2 off all Games and Beauty Products

Enjoy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Fergster wrote: »

incredible discounts across its range of products.

Hardly incredible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CD Wow are muppets! order at your peril.... they are lying sh1tes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

what he said.....

There have been a large number of posts over the last while advising against using these chancers.

I am not alone in saying I will never use them again. Avoid like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

You have the meaning of incredible all ****ed up.
    One whole ENGLISH pound OFF yippeee......:rolleyes:
    Worst thread ive ever seen in here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bought 2 cds of em last week no problems.

what has made them so bad lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

quarryman wrote: »

same here, no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

quarryman wrote: »

Last cd I ordered about 2 months ago took 4 weeks to arrive.
    In the past, orders would be cancelled without telling you (or fully refunding you until you got on to them).
    Pre-orders generally arrive somewhere between a week and a year after release date.
    Their release dates can be off by as much as 2 months (and they won't ship an item before it, even if its been officially released).
    They bring their prices up by €1 everytime they have a €1 off sale.

I could go on, I only order from them if its something I'm in no hurry to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The last stuff I ordered from CD WOW was like a year ago when I got like 10 5pound vouchers by using multiple e-mails and I got 10 DVD's for free because of it. But yes they seem to be screwing up alot of things since that, by mis pricing blu rays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

You have the meaning of incredible all ****ed up.
    One whole ENGLISH pound OFF yippeee......:rolleyes:
    Worst thread ive ever seen in here lol

Hang around After Hours for a few seconds.

You will take that back!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I used to use cdwow back in 2002 and the service was prompt - then it went to weeks, lots of weeks so i quid ordering from them.

http://www.bangcd.com is pretty good and cheaper that cdwow

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

They are unbelievable...

I ordered Finding Nemo in Sept 2004 for my son, got it in Feb 2005....
    no joke!!!!

never ordered from them again needless to say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Check out Play.com as well they have a sale on Today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

New eminem, green day and manic street preachers albums at €7 each. Not a bad bargain alert at all tbh considering what they probably cost from the shops here

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snnowwy

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Hardly incredible...

Well I don't believe it so I'd say that is exactly what it is: "Incredible".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just got an email from them saying "up to €5 off" today only, when you click on the link to their site it says "up to €3 off", pretty much sums up the mickey mouse operation they're running

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Shockingly there are actually alot of really good bargains to be found in this sale. For example every season of Frasier is only 7.99 apart from the 4th which is only 6.99. This is the cheapest i have ever seen of region 2. Also the excellent BBC Series (which the new film was based on) State Of Play is only 1.99.

Play.com's sale is also pretty good. They have all of these classics together for only 12.99. Shame i already own all of them.

1 Rocky Balboa
    2. Alien
    3. The Day After Tomorrow
    4. Fight Club
    5. Kingdom of Heaven
    6. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
    7. Platoon
    8. The Silence of the Lambs
    9. The Usual Suspects
    10. X-Men: The Last Stand

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3328990/Celebration-Of-Blockbusters-Box-Set/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

€4 off games accessories too. ordered a HDMI cable for €3. 1.5 metre Flat cable:

http://www.cdwow.ie/games/upt/Gioteck-HDMI-Cable-PS3-Xbox360/product/view/7211837

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

This is actually a far better sale than I first thought - I'm searching around looking for cheap things and I've had more than a few hits.

If you've got 20 Euro to spare and time to search through the site you'll be able to cobble together a good few trinkets and films. I've set myself a similar limit and the rather terrible navigation of the site and layout of the offers makes it very much like a real sale because when you do find good deal, you really find it. It does a good job thining the herd too.

I never thought I'd praise bad design, though.

Advertisement