Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upside down expansion slots

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick question. Bought new PC - went to install Wireless PCI card (Sorry Lenny!). Hadn't thought about it before hand but the set up for the expansion slots is upside down.

This doesn't allow for me to slot in the card I bought (as the aerial can't be reveresed).

Anyone have any suggestions for alternative PC wireless set up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Photo please.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Hi Munster,

Will post photo when I get home.

Here ya go.

Took one of the ports and one lengthways.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Here ya go.

Took one of the ports and one lengthways.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't get it. Those are bog standard PCI slots. Did you buy a PCI-E x1 card instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

You could have just got a USB wifi adapter. Unsure what yea mean by "expansion slots is upside down," maybe a picture with the wifi card sitting in the system or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not upside down: all PCI slots face the same way, thus if it slots in okay, it's in the correct way.

ok just realized.my bad. I wasn't pushing the card in hard enough! I know! You can all stop laughing now!
    I won't bother you kind folk again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yeah wiggle the card in , each contact on each side of the board has a spring, that is a lot of springs

I can remember hearing a tech support person telling some one to "hit it with a shoe" to get the card in :D

Can I delete this thread?

The embarrassment is too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Err no, but at least now you have an answer! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Can I delete this thread?

The embarrassment is too much!!

Nerds need a laugh too! :D

Advertisement