Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbits eating my fruit trees!!!!

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi. I live in the country and have 6 baby rabbits living under my garden shed. They have started eating my fruit trees and some young trees in my garden. What can I do to stop this happening? I like looking at the rabbits, just don't want them eating my garden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

put up some chicken wire around the trees.

( have the same problem with Hares) they will chew anything.

they even chewed through my network cable, and tv cable ( tv had 9volts through it. )

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clare man

had the same problem with hares, chickwire does the trick, check any of the tress that are already damaged, I put cling film around them to protect where the bacrk has been eaten off. If they eat the full way round then your tree will die. They really like young trees, especially fruit trees so do these first

Advertisement