Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets have a warm welcome...

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

for our new overlord here - COWZER!..

:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Being asked to be a mod is a bit like being asked to **** Camilla Parker Bowles

You know it would be an honour but you don't really wanna do it

Congrats Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Hopefully i get nothing to do and things go smoothly!

Any questions just ask, i might answer!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

i used to mod on another site many years ago

u'd be surprised how many silly complaints get run by you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

You'll have to ban me at some stage.

is banning you not like fighter bashing? Hence its a bit paradoxical cus the mod would then have to ban himself?

• Advertisement

Sooner or later I'll say something that contravenes the charter, or something like that. Then Paul will find himself in that sticky spot that all newly promoted individuals hate. The mob will be baying for my blood and waving their pitchforks, but Paul will know that banning me might mean I pull my fighters from his show.

I look forward to it immensely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I will happily save Paul from this dilemma, and take the burdeon of banning you upon my shoulders.

Welcome on board Paul

If you do that I'll withdraw my Facebook friendship. Consider that my last warning.

roper u are a ruthless b@stard

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Welcome. I promise to behave unless people are saying stupid things. Then all bets are off :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Roper wrote: »
    Sooner or later I'll say something that contravenes the charter, or something like that. Then Paul will find himself in that sticky spot that all newly promoted individuals hate. The mob will be baying for my blood and waving their pitchforks, but Paul will know that banning me might mean I pull my fighters from his show.

I look forward to it immensely.

I for one am baying for your blood already !!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good luck dude :)

/hands over banhammer

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

About time it happened...............
    Paul will be a great mod.....
    Also nice to have an active MMA fighter as a mod for a change..

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, now lets keep things easy for me-:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Judomad wrote: »
    About time it happened...............
    Paul will be a great mod.....
    Also nice to have an active MMA fighter as a mod for a change..

In fairness, and against my beliefs when he was appointed, I think orestes did a superb job with a very firm but even hand.

But yes, its great to have someone actually in the fight game as a Mod now.

In fairness now the standard has improved considerably on this site. For a while there every second poast was about Dana White's video blog.

Some good stuff the last while (since I was allowed back...coincidence? You decide) and good to see the Irish shows getting some time and being discussed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

In fairness, and against my beliefs when he was appointed, I think orestes did a superb job with a very firm but even hand.

Are you serious!!? That guy was a joke he banned one of this forums top posters, for lets be honest nothing too serious.
    Then I expressed my opinion on the decision and I got the boot!:mad::mad::mad:

I for one was glad to see the back of ortestes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Are you serious!!? That guy was a joke he banned one of this forums top posters, for lets be honest nothing too serious.

And I'll miss you too :)

Roper wrote: »
    In fairness now the standard has improved considerably on this site. For a while there every second poast was about Dana White's video blog.

Bit of an over exaggeration here. Anyways it aint like they aren’t newsworthy especially lately. Makes a change from every other post being about Fedor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

No, that was a perfectly fair call by him to be honest. I think he did a great job. Well done orestes!

It is a pretty well established rule on boards if don’t like a decision by a mod take it to PM or Feedback or Helpdesk but this forum isn’t the place for discussing it. You broke a rule you got infracted at a time were the mods not just orestes stressed a no nonsense period to modding.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I suggest you calm down.
    This is a welcome thread for the new Mod.

I appreciate that you are :mad::mad::mad:, but mods are people with feelings too. Feedback or queries on modding decisions should be handled in PM's or feedback threads. I will be enforcing this going forward.

Now, you all play nice or else I will set Cowzerp on you guys, I hear he is a fighter........;)

karate krazey, please lay off the name calling, in fairness to orestes he done a good job and did not interfere too much, barry knew he'd be banned for that, and is back now. Lets keep the forum free of crap and try to use it to promote the sport, at times it has the opposite effect and this needs to change..

I'm very happy with this appointment myself.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, been bogged down with study, but from what I've seen dropping in and out, orestes did a great job and stepped up when I needed someone to so thanks to him also.

Welcome along cowzerp. :)

Even I didn't complain about my ban!

who got banned by the way?

Roper for pointing out that hes smarter than everyone else, and karatekrazy for complaining about it.

• Advertisement

but both dem are here

do the mods get togehter at night and listen to paul weller and fly around on scooters?

if not I'll be very disappointed

Advertisement