Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

typing

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

would anyone be able to help im looking for courses to improve typing skills it would have to somthing like a day or evening course anything in the sligo donegal area any help id be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Iggy

If you check THIS out, you may not need to attend a course.

It's a free trial, but you could download the software or buy the application (or something similar) in PC World etc. This would be a cheaper option than attending courses and alot more flexible

It will teach you the same method any tutor would.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've heard that mavis beacon software is meant to be good. I haven't used it myself.

I used to be a fairly rubbish typer but by pissing about on forums like boards I really started to improve. So don't forget to practise on places like this outside of whatever course or software you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I started using ICQ when I was 12 years old, and it didn't take long for me to type stupidly fast.

I now touch type 60 wpm minimum.

In conclusion, get friends on instant messenger and waste a lot of time. You'll be more likely to stick with it than a course of any kind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

thanks for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement