Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking powder

• 21-05-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

hi,

i have a recipe for cookies and want to make them yeast free, so instead of using self raising flour, i want to use plain flour and baking powder.
    does anyone know how much baking powder you put with a 100g of flour or is there a set amount at all?

i tried doing this for queen cakes too but i obviously didnt put in enough baking powder as they didnt rise a whole lot!

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is no yeast in self raising flour. It is just flour with baking powder already in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

rubadub wrote: »
    There is no yeast in self raising flour. It is just flour with baking powder already in it.

really?? :eek:
    i always thought there was yeast in it, now i feel like a dumbass!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

if you want to make your own, use 1 cup of plain flour and add 1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder and a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

rocknchef wrote: »
    if you want to make your own, use 1 cup of plain flour and add 1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder and a pinch of salt.

ok thanks!
    might just use self raising flour now!!

Advertisement