Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Say Hello to Your New Mod.

• 21-05-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I'd like to welcome shayk1 as your new moderator.

Welcome Shay and thanks for taking over. you're inheriting a great forum here.Let me be the first to wish you the best of luck.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

welcome shayk1 as your new overlord of Carlow.. (it's official now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

got there before you. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

boooo

boooo

jealousy will get you everywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

interesting choice to say the least.

• Advertisement

aynon wrote: »
    interesting choice to say the least.

myself and Dan reviewed all contributors to the forum, and that was the choice we made..

not saying you made the right or the wrong choice just.....interesting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I, for one, welcome our new Carlow overlord!

:pac:

shay is one of the original posters here from before my time on this forum. He has always contributed greatly in his posts and no doubt he will continue to do so. He has in the past helped us out when we were moderating ourselves and it was natural selection that if a change was to occur he would have been the natural selection. It wasn't a decision made lightly. It was being discussed between myself and Patrick for well over a month now so it has been substantiated and the decision put into action on the knowledge carlow will be obtaining a top class and fair moderator. I for one wish him the best of luck and i hope he enjoys the leftover coke and hookers. god knows i didnt leave much behind.:P

• Advertisement

i found shayk this new suit-overlord.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm going to have to be super careful now Dan....damn you i was getting settled :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

actually shayk was an integral part of one of the major defining moments of my life, he taught me how to roll. I'll always love him for this.

rock and roll? rick roll? bread roll? which roll?

stick-dan wrote: »
    I for one wish him the best of luck and i hope he enjoys the leftover coke and hookers. god knows i didnt leave much behind.:P

and you got the smelly old ones, you need to mod more than one forum to get the more decent ones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Proper order.

fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

You think he'd be around to say thanks like! Some Mod if he's not here! :p Only messin, fair play! A job I know for a fact I could never do, mainly because I'm a spammy troll! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Now that we have a Tullow man at the helm, how about a Tullow Sub-Forum :D

Don't let the power get to you, watch out for that mod forum its full of all sorts of politics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

MOD? SHAY? WHAT? HMMMM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Good chioce, congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why wasnt I asked? :(

Sully wrote: »
    Why wasnt I asked? :(

because patrick said you abuse the hookers your given :P:P you havent even given back the ones you got when you first became mod:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Thanks everyone. I promise I'll be fair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i guess i also have to say congrats...although this better not mean extra boards time!!! (only messing...:rolleyes:)

however, i'm quite disgusted that i have no special priviledges by association! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Regional forums are odd. Anytime a mod gets added, someone is unhappy. Rarely see it in other forums..

shayk; Welcome to the world of moderation! Ill get a cup of coffee, 2 sugars and a drop of milk. Please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Villain wrote: »
    Now that we have a Tullow man at the helm, how about a Tullow Sub-Forum :D!

NOOOO....tullow already is getting way above its station, soon they'll be infiltrating everything with their tullow ways!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

well done shay... enjoy the hookers & coke. I have a really good supplier for the white stuff if your ever stuck :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Nead21 wrote: »
    NOOOO....tullow already is getting way above its station, soon they'll be infiltrating everything with their tullow ways!!!:p
    G'wan our da' or I'll hit ya a claher..as they say in the town Of Feidhlim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Only getting into posting myself recently (long-term lurker) but Welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Spank me i wanna be your first b1tch:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Enjoy ruling your new kingdom Shay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

<sarcasm> Back in yer bosca there Nead!! Tullow rocks and you know it!!!! </sarcasm>

Advertisement