Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] Boards.ie Photography Yearbook 2009 - Planning stage - [!! POLL ADDED !!]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I may be submitting an image.
    on a side note if we go with last years printers, would someone with a good eye like to volenteer to proof the images on a calibrated screen, all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

on a side note if we go with last years printers, would someone with a good eye like to volenteer to proof the images on a calibrated screen, all of them?

This is a good idea but just remember if you prepare an image which I want printed with a dark/murky thing going on in it and it comes out all bright and happy having been proofed on a calibrated screen you mightn't bee too happy. I think you probably need to put the onus ultimately on the person submitting. A proofing person would be good to comment as to how it appears on their hardware, but only to comment rather than to make any adjustments.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    This is a good idea but just remember if you prepare an image which I want printed with a dark/murky thing going on in it and it comes out all bright and happy having been proofed on a calibrated screen you mightn't bee too happy. I think you probably need to put the onus ultimately on the person submitting. A proofing person would be good to comment as to how it appears on their hardware, but only to comment rather than to make any adjustments.

sounds good.

i was disappointed last year with the print of mine...uncalibrated stupid screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

mele best thing to do there is email it on to someone with a callibrated screen to be sure they think the colour balance etc is correct on it first before you send it in, many people here have callibrated screens, mine needs to be recallibrated but is still quite decent I think, its just been more than 3 months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

When I was talking to Vincent he told me that the problem of dark prints is in the print process. He would give the person who is doing out layot the Profiles so that the images can be adjusted to eliminate this. I believe that Blurb offer this to their Pro Subscribers too.

• Advertisement

time is dragging.

gonna get some threads started

for searching each thread will have a [BPB] (boards photography book), tag in title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm gonna close and Unsticky this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement