Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint Macro

Options
  • 21-05-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi

Im new top posting on this forum. just wondering can anyone help im trying to find a macro that runs in powerpoint that looks at an excel file and copys each indivual sheet on to a slide. The sheets in excel have graphs and data on them.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Something that specific you'd need to code yourself I would guess.

If you have a coding background it's pretty straightforward, if you haven't you'd probably be faster actually doing it rather than writing a macro for it!

[edit]I wrote a mini program once that did something similar, we had a load of info in Excel that would be used as the basis for a directory (a hotel listings directory, an actual book, not a server location :) ). The data needed to be moved from Excel and dropped into nominated locations in a word file ready for further export to typesetting software. It is usually easier to work from within the application hosting the dat and push it out rather than in teh destination app and pulling in, in my experience. So you might be better coding a macro in excel that copies the data out to PowerPoint rather than a PowerPoint macro that copies teh data in.

Advertisement