Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Wireless: speed and wireless router question

Options
  • 21-05-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

At the moment I've a phone/3mb broadband package from BT but am considering dumping the phone so as to rid myself of landline charges.

02 clear wireless broadband would seem to be a runner but I'm wondering is there anything I should know before plumping for them. For instance, there's no mention of download speeds in their blurb (only the potential of the various modems on offer). Does anyone know what their speeds are and what % of offer speed form the reality.

Any other comment re: 02 wireless. I'm in Bray by the way.

I'll be adding a laptop to the household in addition to the current desktop. Is it possible to use a wireless router with one of the modems supplied by 02 - they appear to be USB connections and the routers I've seen don't have a USB modem connection.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement