Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can they do us all a favour and shoot this piece of ****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Why can this guy "not be named for legal reasons"? Justice is meant to be done in public so that everyone can see the law is fair. The judge has the right to override this occasionally to protect the innocent or sometimes in family cases (?) but there's no reason why a common scumbag should be protected like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

fear of more time in jail so easy could slow him down a bit tho...

just a thought.

Have you met any of these guys? Jail is where they go for their holidays! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hit them(and their parents) hard and hit them early. Punish minor infractions more severely then bring in a three strikes you're out situation over the age of 18. It worked very well in new york and it would work here too. The US system of law has some seriously dubious areas, but they have that bit right in new york at least. If you had gotten that muppet at the very first offence and scared the living shít out of him, he may have had second thoughts. As it is he has none and he's likely out in two odd years, with an even bigger chip on his ADDled shoulder. If he didn't cop on and commited serious crimes afterwards, well then he's locked away for a 20 stretch with no chance of parole. End of problem for society. A rap sheet like that and a set of serious assaults like that would have been punished far more severely in other countries. As it is our sentencing is both inconsistent and too short term wise for serious crimes against the society.

As for the hang em high brigade. Great in theory, but TBH I wouldn't trust our legal system to not make serious mistakes and if we brought in similar to the US where the right to appeal goes on for donkeys years you're into the realms of real cruelty, especially for innocent types. Secondly while many push for it, very few would in cold blood pull the lever or trigger themselves, but instead leave others to dirty their hands. I have no moral issue with execution as such, but I have serious practical ones. If he had run over a member of my family like that and I had the means at hand I would have killed him like a rabid animal, but that's in hot blood. chances are good I would be out in 5 or less too. In that case win win scenario.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

RoundTower wrote: »
    Why can this guy "not be named for legal reasons"? Justice is meant to be done in public so that everyone can see the law is fair. The judge has the right to override this occasionally to protect the innocent or sometimes in family cases (?) but there's no reason why a common scumbag should be protected like this.

Is it likely that the defense would push for something like this ? Or is it possible to even request to be left unnamed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Ah yes, attention deficit disorder..otherwise known as 'Bad parenting'

I really don't agree with this. Yeah the fella seems like a prick. But surely the judge asked for documentation of this diagnosis? And if he had been sent somewhere at the age of 12, before he started offending, it is very possible it's true, yes? (I could be wrong, but I can't believe a judge would just accept the mothers word.)

Again, I think this guy deserves his sentence, if not more. But he also needs help. Assuming it's a bull**** excuse isn't right. I've worked with young people with ADHD and some of them.... This guy would be a saint in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

jacksonpopcorn.gif

oh if only after hours allowed inline images...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wibbs wrote: »
    As for the hang em high brigade. Great in theory, but TBH I wouldn't trust our legal system to not make serious mistakes.

Wibbs :(

A justice system, our justice system is more than capable of getting after this. And getting it right. Another example of bringing theoretical mistakes into a case that is cut and dried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Des wrote: »
    HURRAY!!

The Lefties have arrived.
    :rolleyes:

How do you know he's left-handed? Didn't see that anywhere in the post...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

swingking wrote: »
    from breaking news http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eykfkfqlkfey/rss2/

I reading about scumbags like this. They are the lowest form of life and should just be shot. He is costing the taxpayer money left, right and centre.

I just hate scrotes like this
    :mad:

I wouldnt waste a bullet on the Scumbag. That would cost tax payers money too. He should be driven to Belfast and dropped off on the Shankill Road in a Celtic Jersey, would love to see how far he gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dublincelt wrote: »
    I wouldnt waste a bullet on the Scumbag. That would cost tax payers money too. He should be driven to Belfast and dropped off on the Shankill Road in a Celtic Jersey, would love to see how far he gets!

So what would cost more - the bullet or the fuel to get him to Belfast. I suppose at least with the fuel a good proportion of the cost would go back to the tax payer. I suppose some of you could think of another use of the fuel and save on the trip ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Does this happen on the Luas often?

Would security guards not be a bad idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Another victory for scumbags and their apologists.:(

galwayrush wrote: »
    Another victory for scumbags and their apologists.:(

Thank God Man U didn't win that one as well ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

If the guy was cycling a fixie he probably deserved it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

greendom wrote: »
    Thank God Man U didn't win that one as well ;):D

Oi:( LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Nah. Just nail him to a tree and slowly peel him with a pliers. If you wanted to be extra mean you could have a bag of salt there as welll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nah. Just nail him to a tree and slowly peel him with a pliers. If you wanted to be extra mean you could have a bag of salt there as welll.

Pah... amateurs...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Me and my two brothers had that attention deficit disorder when we were young but the oul lad just beat it out of us whenever we acted the maggot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Pah... amateurs...

I bow down to your superior knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Jake1 wrote: »
    I would love if the moderators gave permission for a thread for bad judges, a sort of name and shame of those Judges, who give out ridiculous sentences.
    Criticise judges all you want. Just don't slander them or those they deal with.

If you can't constructively criticise a judge, then don't even bother trying.
    I really wish I could see the World with the black and white vision of the posters' here.

Must be really great to be so dogmatic.

In fact I see life as not being that simple. Evil acts does not necessarily mean that the person is evil. I know you're probably all laughing/mocking from behind your desktops but you do need to look into how kids like this were brought up and what led them to such acts.

You can almost guarantee that they weren't brought up in a leafy suburb with well adjusted parents.

Whenever I see a thread with scum in the title, it really makes me cringe
    I grew up in a council estate.
    I am a convicted criminal (driving offences and not paying a fine for that).
    By AH definition, I'm a complete and utter scumbag.

I live in Leixlip. It's generally a nice place.
    I know sons of Gardaí who did time for stabbing people, beating people up, drunk driving and various other offences.
    They all lived in the private estates.

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter where you are from. A scumbag is a scumbag is a scumbag.

mollypop wrote: »
    Exactly, sadly these scumbags are breeding much faster than us leafy suburb taxpaying folks. While I'm 'saving up' so I can afford to have children I'm also paying tax so low lives can raise their brats into complete scum who abuse & terrorise ordinary people. Something has to be done to end this cycle but right now we're just enabling it. Yet some people are happy with this. Strange :confused:
    I'm a scumbag, but I don't have any children.
    Can you tell me how us scumbags are breeding so much?
    I'd like to know because I would like some children of my own.

Have you met any of these guys? Jail is where they go for their holidays! ;)
    In fairness, and it kills me to agree with someone so obviously right wing as yourself, but when I was in a holding cell, I overheard guys saying they wanted to go to the 'joy because it would be relaxing for them.

Hit them(and their parents) hard and hit them early. Punish minor infractions more severely then bring in a three strikes you're out situation over the age of 18. It worked very well in new york and it would work here too. The US system of law has some seriously dubious areas, but they have that bit right in new york at least. If you had gotten that muppet at the very first offence and scared the living shít out of him, he may have had second thoughts. As it is he has none and he's likely out in two odd years, with an even bigger chip on his ADDled shoulder. If he didn't cop on and commited serious crimes afterwards, well then he's locked away for a 20 stretch with no chance of parole. End of problem for society. A rap sheet like that and a set of serious assaults like that would have been punished far more severely in other countries. As it is our sentencing is both inconsistent and too short term wise for serious crimes against the society.

As for the hang em high brigade. Great in theory, but TBH I wouldn't trust our legal system to not make serious mistakes and if we brought in similar to the US where the right to appeal goes on for donkeys years you're into the realms of real cruelty, especially for innocent types. Secondly while many push for it, very few would in cold blood pull the lever or trigger themselves, but instead leave others to dirty their hands. I have no moral issue with execution as such, but I have serious practical ones. If he had run over a member of my family like that and I had the means at hand I would have killed him like a rabid animal, but that's in hot blood. chances are good I would be out in 5 or less too. In that case win win scenario.
    Bold part 1.
    I agree 100%. No excuses of neglect or abuse or ADD or ADHD (I regularly look after a kid with ADHD. I ****ing know what kids with ADHD are like and they don't lie down in holding cells and then just start to act up when they are in front of a judge), no more lies or excuses. Just get them when they are 15 and fine the parents. The ****ers won't be looking for trouble after their parents give them a good kicking after they are fined.

Bold part 2.
    you say you would do it, but you wouldn't.
    Trust me. I have had what you described happen to me.
    The red mist fades after a while.
    I've done some really ****ed up things over the years, but I've never harmed anyone physically (not on purpose anyway. I was pushed into that guy and the cigarette burn was entirely accidental. I was just trying to help him up).

You want to do it.
    You try to do it.
    But when you are standing there with the hurley/baseball bat/hammer in your hand, you know you are doing wrong and you turn around and walk home.

Or driven to the Falls road in a Rangers jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Nail him to the wall by his scrotum. That'll sort him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

Terry wrote: »
    I'm a scumbag
    but I don't have any children.
    I've never harmed anyone physically

Clearly we differ greatly on our definition of scumbag. A scumbag to me:
    - Has never worked or wanted to work
    - Blames the world for their life and takes it out on everyone else
    - For males: has beaten at least 1 person up for no good reason
    - For females: has popped out a few kiddies for the benefits
    - Has committed at least 1 semi-serious crime, whether caught or not
    - wears the scumbag 'uniform'
    http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2117/523pxglasgowyouths406dz8.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bold part 2.
    you say you would do it, but you wouldn't.
    I would have said I wouldn't before it happened, but when it happened, I did. And it would have given me no sadness nor pleasure at the time, just a means to an end. A very unusual feeling. Not what I would have expected. At all. No red mist involved either. Very neutral in fact. And practical for want of a better word. TBH before, I would have been like the rest and said "yea I'll get the bastids". The usual macho BS. I'm lucky the way it turned out that I'm not the one doing time. I know it's a thankfully small part of my makeup, that capability(though that makes it sound like an advantage, when it's not. Not nowadays), but it's there. I know the difference between saying and doing it too. I would compare it to what people describe as hunger. Most think of it as that stage beyond "I haven't eaten anything since brekkie, but that's not hunger. "I'd kill them" from most people is the same thing. What does that makes me? I dunno, but it's not a part of my psyche I'm proud of.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I would have said I wouldn't before it happened, but when it happened, I did. And it would have given me no sadness nor pleasure at the time, just a means to an end. A very unusual feeling. Not what I would have expected. At all. No red mist involved either. Very neutral in fact. And practical for want of a better word. TBH before, I would have been like the rest and said "yea I'll get the bastids". The usual macho BS. I'm lucky the way it turned out that I'm not the one doing time. I know it's a thankfully small part of my makeup, that capability(though that makes it sound like an advantage, when it's not. Not nowadays), but it's there. I know the difference between saying and doing it too. I would compare it to what people describe as hunger. Most think of it as that stage beyond "I haven't eaten anything since brekkie, but that's not hunger. "I'd kill them" from most people is the same thing. What does that makes me? I dunno, but it's not a part of my psyche I'm proud of.
    I'll talk to you about that next week if you're there.
    I don't think AH is the appropriate place.

Clearly we differ greatly on our definition of scumbag. A scumbag to me:
    - I have never worked or wanted to work
    - I blame the world for my life and take it out on everyone else
    - I've beaten at least 1 person up for no good reason
    - I've popped out a few kiddies for the benefits
    - I've committed a few semi-serious crimes and don't care about whether I was caught or not
    - I wear the scumbag 'uniform'
    http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/ticket/archives/1.jpg

If we're picking at quotes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

orestes wrote: »
    AH: check
    Scumbag thread: check
    Des: check
    Degsy:
    Lefty accusations: check

One more ingredent and the fun begin folks

Is degsy banned from AH atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

There should be two things in the justice system, rehab OR punishment. A lot of the lads people here would call scumbags have very little harm in them, they may be heroin addicts or whatever, but plenty of them do no harm to other people. Then there are petty criminals and people starting criminality, there's a very, very small window at the beginning to help them and break the cycle. If it doesn't happen there it'll never happen, I know all too well from people around me. I just want to see a line followed, one way or the other, the half-measures just don't work.

This lad, too late, he's not interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Bring back industrial schools is what I say!

Too soon?

fair fcuks to you Mr.Lizard :pac: quality :D

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter where you are from. A scumbag is a scumbag is a scumbag.

So they were born scumbags.?

As soon as they came into this world they were destined for that route in life ?

Perhaps - with a very small majority. However, I'm sure for the majority, a good upbringing, with good parents and all things being equal they would not turn out to be scumbags. I'm not just talking about being brought up in deprived areas either. You can still be well brought up in such areas although it is more difficult. Just as it is possible to brought up badly in affluent areas, just less likely

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

sdonn wrote: »
    Nail him to the wall by his scrotum. That'll sort him out.

I think he should get a medal.
    (I dont really but at least I've put forward a more sensible and constructive point than either of the posters above.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So they were born scumbags.?

As soon as they came into this world they were destined for that route in life ?

Perhaps - with a very small majority. However, I'm sure for the majority, a good upbringing, with good parents and all things being equal they would not turn out to be scumbags. I'm not just talking about being brought up in deprived areas either. You can still be well brought up in such areas although it is more difficult. Just as it is possible to brought up badly in affluent areas, just less likely

I live in a bad area, grew up there too when i see these little walking scrotums I think the world will be a better place without them.

Advertisement