If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAve €100 on the Philips HTS6515 DVD System

• 21-05-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi All

We have a few of the compact Ambisound 2.1 Systems avaialble for €349.99 saving you €150 of our regular instore price.

This system comprises of a very slim and compact main unit and 2x main Left and Right Speakers and a Sub-Woofer

The HTS6515 will play CD's & DVD's and will handle WMA/MP3, Jpeg and DivX discs as well.
    There is an on board FM radio, 2x Analogue Aux ins and a Co-Ax Digital input located on the SUB.
    You also have a USB socket for Jpegs and MP3 files on the main unit and naturally you have a remote control.

THe neat trick up this systems sleave is that whilst it's a 2.1 speaker configuration it's actually a 5.1 sound system....

How does that work you ask??

Well the systems decodes DTS & Dolby Digital and the amp sends all the Front Left and Surround left info to the LEFT speaker and the Front Right and Surround Right info to the RIGHT speaker, the Centre channel is split between both speakers
    Each front speaker has seperate drivers onboard dedicated to Front, Surround and Centre channels and is designed to bounce the sound around the room.
    Simple really......

If you want more information have a look here -
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts6515_05/hts6515_05_pss_eng.pdf

So pretty good for €349.99 all in all!
    If you'd like one post up here and I'll reserve one up for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 domcosgrove

Hi Ash

Do you still have these available, if so what is the price now?

If I have a Sony PS3, will I be able to play high definition and have the sound play though the HTS6515?

Basically I'm looking for a home cinema system that does not break the bank. I like the look of the HTS6515 and the soundbar as they do not require putting speakers around the room. Do you have any suggestions. Going to be using with a sony sony bravia 32", mainly playing DVS's, NTL and PS3. Any suggestions welcomed.

Many thanks

Dom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hey Dom

OK well the simple answer is....maybe

You'd plug the PS 3 via HDMI directly into your TV and need to make an Audio connection to the HTS6515.

This is where the problem starts.
    Fropm memory the PS3 doesnt have any analogue audio outs onlt an optical out whilst the HTS6515 has 2 stes of Analogue ins and 1x Digital Co-axial input so unless you were top source a Optical to Dig Co-Ax converter you wont be able to route the audio through the HTS.

If you TV has audio outputs you may be able to send the audio signal from PS3 to TV via HDMI and (just maybe now) send the audio signal from the TV to the HTS6515 - but that may introduce audio delay into the chain - your PS3 may have Lip Sync settings to get around this.

So it is possible - just not straight forward.

What you really need is one of our BDP3000 BR players:D

hope that helps more than confuses!

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 if you'd like to chat about anything mentioned above.

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 domcosgrove

Hi Ash

Thanks for teh quick response. The PS3 is justa nice to have not a requirement. More important is having a half decent home cinema that does not require me putting cables behind (ie. AmbiSound). Do you recommend the HTS6515? Or is there an equivlent for the same sort of price? Basically looking for a good solution and a good price :)

Thanks

Dom

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.