Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi or Courier?

Options
  • 21-05-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to get a package from Ballsbridge to Christchurch. I was looking at courier services online, most of which were quoting 30 - 40 euro (its a big package so needs to be a car or van). It just occured to me though that a taxi from Ballsbridge to Christchurch is only around 12 euro. Anyone know if a taxi driver would do this for you or would you have to go with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Its possible. I know some taxi drivers who work for a courier company too. But thereare actually employed by the compnay. Only thing is, what come back have you if anyting happens the package? Id say youd have to be pretty trusting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

ball ox wrote: »
    Hi,
    I need to get a package from Ballsbridge to Christchurch. I was looking at courier services online, most of which were quoting 30 - 40 euro (its a big package so needs to be a car or van). It just occured to me though that a taxi from Ballsbridge to Christchurch is only around 12 euro. Anyone know if a taxi driver would do this for you or would you have to go with them?

It really depends on the taxi driver / company. Some taxi companies offer courier services as a specialty AFAIK. Some drivers may take it, others may refuse though. At least with a courier you have a record of delivery and they are probably adequately insured etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

yeah, I suppose it could be very hit and miss with taxis alright, think Ill fork out for a courier.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends. Know a few taxi's/hackneys who brings goods from Leixlip to Galway a few times a week, as it's cheaper than DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

get with it, ring a taxi company. give him an extra 5 or tenner and he'll have np, unless it might wreck his car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement