Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do I apply to resit Irish in the LC?

• 21-05-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, thread title says it all really but I am planning on retaking LC Irish next year so that I can hopefully get into a Primary Teaching course the following year. Basically I was wondering if I have to be registered with a school or a course before I can do it again or do I just have to ring up a local school a few months beforehand to arrange a date? Is there any of the usual Dublin administrative pratfalls I have to look out for? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

You can go to your local vec to resit Irish wherever you live. I know that some private college like the Institute do a special Irish course for people who need it for primary teaching. www.ioe.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You apply to the State Exams Commission. You don't have to be registered with any school or course.
    External exam applications.
    Get in touch with them some time after October or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.Mar

are you in Dublin? i know a friend who did it in the Institute of Education on Leeson street. and I think Plunketts College in Drumcondra/Glasnevin might do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Orfeo

Yes, I'm in Dublin. I will probably try and do it at the Institute then as it's so handy to get to. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement