Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: Soccer Tickets & Travel Mods

Options
  • 21-05-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I received a ban this afternoon from the soccer forum for "Ignoring an on-thread warning about the forum rules. All dealings are to be conducted on-thread until a sale is agreed, only then is the exchange of PMs permitted" after posting on the thread dealing with HEC weekend travel and tickets.

I have PM'd the mod in question but have received no response. I apologised in the PM, stating that I was not aware of the rule (it was not on page 1 of the thread and I did not read it all, I was not looking for tickets or travel so was looking to create a post not respond to one) having followed a link from the Rugby forum. I asked in the PM "(would) it not make more sense to contact me by PM and give me the chance to amend or edit my original post? Or at least issue a warning and allow me the opportunity to rectify my mistake? I have no issues with the rule and would gladly comply if given a chance".

I have not received a response to the PM yet, and, as you might appreciate, time is limited what with the match this weekend and the travel arrangement I am trying to pass on being for tomorrow.

Can someone please respond to this issue ASAP please, preferably to allow me to repost on the thread in line with the forum rules or at the very least to detail why this is not possible and respond to my concerns.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I received a ban this afternoon from the soccer forum for "Ignoring an on-thread warning about the forum rules. All dealings are to be conducted on-thread until a sale is agreed, only then is the exchange of PMs permitted" after posting on the thread dealing with HEC weekend travel and tickets.

I have PM'd the mod in question but have received no response. I apologised in the PM, stating that I was not aware of the rule (it was not on page 1 of the thread and I did not read it all, I was not looking for tickets or travel so was looking to create a post not respond to one) having followed a link from the Rugby forum. I asked in the PM "(would) it not make more sense to contact me by PM and give me the chance to amend or edit my original post? Or at least issue a warning and allow me the opportunity to rectify my mistake? I have no issues with the rule and would gladly comply if given a chance".

I have not received a response to the PM yet, and, as you might appreciate, time is limited what with the match this weekend and the travel arrangement I am trying to pass on being for tomorrow.

Can someone please respond to this issue ASAP please, preferably to allow me to repost on the thread in line with the forum rules or at the very least to detail why this is not possible and respond to my concerns.

Thank you.

You received no response because after banning you I had to return to work, and have only read and replied to your PM now.

For the benefit of any Admin looking at this thread, the on-thread warning was:
    Since few people seem willing to read the forum rules I am unwilling to edit posts and remove mention of PMs and e-mail addresses.

Put quite simply, DO NOT INVITE ANYBODY TO PM YOU YOU TO DISCUSS SALE OF TICKETS, or I will ban you permanently from this forum.

Forum charter

Sticky thread in block capitals saying NO OFF THREAD DEALING! NO PMs or MOBILES

Read the above threads before posting again

That's in addition to the charter stating:
    4. No off-thread dealing for ticket selling/buying/exchanging. PM only when you have agreed the sale.

And the sticky thread titled NO OFF THREAD DEALING! NO PMs or MOBILES:
    Anyone who posts "PM me" or a mobile number or email address will be banned from the soccer sub category for good.

Personal contact only after a sale is agreed on thread.

Threads/posts will be deleted and posters banned if this rule is not followed.

I have also posted in the rugby forum advising users to read the forum rules before posting any tickets, as few seem to be doing so.

Advertisement