Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with audio recording, M-audio project mix/firewire adapter

Options
  • 21-05-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Im having trouble with the connection from my project mix i/o recording desk to my pc...I use it with protools and it has been working for the last year but stopped workin recently. Tried the project mix out in a friends laptop and its workin perfectly including the firewire cable. According to my computer the firewire card the IEEE 1394A 3-port host adapter is working properly so i am confused as to where the problem lies. When i open up protools it says 'Unable to locate M-audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected properly'. It also says in 'add hardware' in control panel that 'this device wont start' when i click on the m-audio icon. I figured it was a firewire card problem but the computer maintains it is working properly. Im not sure this is posted in the correct place but any help in resolving the problem would be much appreciated.

Advertisement