Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft 09

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

One of my spainish friends just messaged me saying rubios father has come out and said hell be playing the next 2 years in spain, so the buy out clause wont come into effect and so he can mature as a player, that could explain the drafting of flynn if it is indeed true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Chad Ford reports that the Amare Stoudemire to Golden State discussions are dead:(

Green to the cavs good draft for the cavs more offense and a good allrounder

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was looking at nba.com earlier and they were saying that the Celtics might go with Joe Ingles from Australia is he is still available. The guy is really an unknown quantity but you might as well take a gamble on someone like him than somebody who you know will at best be very average.

Adding a little trivia, Tyler went at 13. I remember a guy going at 13 before and becoming a superstar.
    Kobe

i havent noticed him getting drafted so maybe hes still there for the picking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was looking at nba.com earlier and they were saying that the Celtics might go with Joe Ingles from Australia is he is still available. The guy is really an unknown quantity but you might as well take a gamble on someone like him than somebody who you know will at best be very average.

Adding a little trivia, Tyler went at 13. I remember a guy going at 13 before and becoming a superstar.
    Kobe

Kobe Bryant

He hasn't went yet and he might go undrafted. I don't know anything about the guy only what I've read since I watched nba.com. He was rookie of the Year in the NBL in 07 and plays as a guard/forward but is more likely to be a small forward in the NBA. He was in the Olympic team last year but didn't play much, he did manage though to score 11 points in the final quarter against the USA which got him noticed over in the States.

Celtics take Lester Hudson. He has a good wingspan so im happy:D

Lester Hudson. If he looks this good in the NBA we got a steal.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Chad Ford reports that the Amare Stoudemire to Golden State discussions are dead:(

ESPN's Rich Bucher's latest twitter post 'phx source says curry was picked for him, but gs source denies it, so we stayed away from it. i believe the gs source is lying'

Well have to wait and see how this turns out.

• Advertisement

Hynzie wrote: »
    ESPN's Rich Bucher's latest twitter post 'phx source says curry was picked for him, but gs source denies it, so we stayed away from it. i believe the gs source is lying'

Well have to wait and see how this turns out.

Kenny Smith also tweeted that the deal is still on

There really is something holding up the deal. GSW not offering max? Phoenix adamant on Curry? This is complete and utter basketball hell.

Liam O wrote: »
    Really? Curry looks like a star in the making to me. Great personality too, seen some interviews with him on PTI, very down to Earth

If we're not going to trade Curry then we could have gotten much better value. I'm high on Jrue Holliday even though he didn't light up the Pac10 he is an unselfish big time ball handler and excellent passer. Curry's Turnover numbers in College are also pretty horrid.

Even though his European stats and the Sebastian Telfair comparassions scare me away Brandon Jennings would also have been a better pick

Still if he stays in Golden State here's hoping Riley's first draft choice works out!.

Knicks inquiring about Rubio with the T-wolves.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/news/story?id=4290401

Check this out also. It seems Mr Rubio is unsurprisigly not thrilled bout going from the warmth of Barcelona to the cold of Minneapolis!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-41-152/Minnesota-s-Unrequited-Love-for-Ricky-Rubio.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Kenny Smith also tweeted that the deal is still on

There really is something holding up the deal. GSW not offering max? Phoenix adamant on Curry? This is complete and utter basketball hell.

Nelson has told the press that he needs to unpack his bags and buy a house because he is not going anywhere.

Enzo Scifo wrote: »
    Nelson has told the press that he needs to unpack his bags and buy a house because he is not going anywhere.

Thats just ridiculous. Only the Warriors could pass on Amare Stoudemire for Stephen Curry. The fact that they failed to get a superstar when they had the chance because they wanted to keep Stephen Curry will haunt them for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I don't know what to say being a Warriors fan, Curry is obviously a great talent and will be around the NBA for years to come (more than likely) but I don't see how he will fit in to the team. What we need is a big man more than anything and Stoudmire is an exceptional player, he would bring everything the Warriors are lacking.
    Saying that though, he has had a couple of injuries during the last couple of years and I don't see him getting on too well with Nelson, he has a bit of an attitude about him.

I don't mind keeping Curry and seeing how it works out, it would be a shame to pass on another great player in the draft.
    I am all for Stoudmire but maybe for Biedrins, Az, Benenelli, Wright or whoever

I don't know what to say being a Warriors fan, Curry is obviously a great talent and will be around the NBA for years to come (more than likely) but I don't see how he will fit in to the team. What we need is a big man more than anything and Stoudmire is an exceptional player, he would bring everything the Warriors are lacking.
    Saying that though, he has had a couple of injuries during the last couple of years and I don't see him getting on too well with Nelson, he has a bit of an attitude about him.

I don't mind keeping Curry and seeing how it works out, it would be a shame to pass on another great player in the draft.
    I am all for Stoudmire but maybe for Biedrins, Az, Benenelli, Wright or whoever

The problem with keeping Curry is Steve Kerr is also really sold on him and has said that that it would be either him or Randolph that the Warriors would have to trade alongside a package of Biedrins,Wright, Marco and maybe Azubuike?.

Stoudemire has obvious flaws such as his Defense is non existant and his rebounding for a guy his size is average but I'd still take him in a heartbeat. The W's haven't had a dominating Offensive low post threat since Chris Webber

The problem with keeping Curry is Steve Kerr is also really sold on him and has said that that it would be either him or Randolph that the Warriors would have to trade alongside a package of Biedrins,Wright, Marco and maybe Azubuike?.

Stoudemire has obvious flaws such as his Defense is non existant and his rebounding for a guy his size is average but I'd still take him in a heartbeat. The W's haven't had a dominating Offensive low post threat since Chris Webber

Yea, it is really a catch 22 situation, lets just say we are keeping Curry and we still make a trade move for Stoudemire, I would have no problem giving up the players you mentioned except for Randolph, he was one of the few good things last year.

Having said that I would nearly go all out and try and get him, he is a superstar and still young and I would be willing to sacrifice players at the end of the day.
    I think that in all sports building for the future is sometimes over exaggerated, you need a good winning team now with good players, sometimes teams try and rely too much on building with youth and it doesn't always work out.

Ok, just remembered my friend telling me Crawford had been traded to the Hawks so I decided to look it up. I am thinking great move, but they trade him for two point guards, law and Claxton, Claxton is good no doubt but where do they fit in to the team, and this was done before the draft and they still go go and get Curry.

This seems like the usual Warriors mayhem unless they surprise me with some serious good trades

. I am thinking great move, but they trade him for two point guards, law and Claxton, Claxton is good no doubt but where do they fit in to the team, and this was done before the draft and they still go go and get Curry.

I'd be surprised if Claxton even suits up and Law's impact will probably be minimal. It just gives us two expiring deals to include in a trade in the future.

I liked Law when he was drafted from Texas A&M but he hasn't done a thing in the NBA and I don't expect that to change one bit. He'll more then likely be a second version of Marcus Williams.

The latest update on the Stoudemire to Golden State rumours
    League sources say that Stoudemire going to Golden State in a deal for Andris Biedrins, Marco Belinelli and Ronny Turiaf is still on the table and gets close enough to pass the cap rules after July 1st (Biedrins and Turiaf are Base Year Compensation players until then).

We'd better sign Gortat if this is true.

Having Amare Stoudemire as your only big man:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The latest update on the Stoudemire to Golden State rumours

We'd better sign Gortat if this is true.

Having Amare Stoudemire as your only big man:(

if it goes through I can see either Maggette or Azubuike being moved for another bigman. A lot of talented small guys in that team...

Also isn't Randolph and Jackson good at the 4? Didn't watch much of the Warriors this season. What happened to Brandan Wright?

Liam O wrote: »
    if it goes through I can see either Maggette or Azubuike being moved for another bigman. A lot of talented small guys in that team...

Also isn't Randolph and Jackson good at the 4? Didn't watch much of the Warriors this season. What happened to Brandan Wright?

Wright got injured during January which didn't help but at the moment he needs to bulk up and hit the Weight room if the Warriors decide not to trade him. His rebounding needs a lot of work as well. I defintely think the Warriors are using him as trade bait in a potential Amare/ even Bosh deal.

Speaking of which along with this Amare deal our offseason success depends on whether Maggette is still on the roster come October. Even a Maggette for Camby deal would be sweet although Dunleavy probably wouldn't do it. Two years at least with Camby would do wonders for the development of those bigs I think

I'd be surprised if Claxton even suits up and Law's impact will probably be minimal. It just gives us two expiring deals to include in a trade in the future.

I liked Law when he was drafted from Texas A&M but he hasn't done a thing in the NBA and I don't expect that to change one bit. He'll more then likely be a second version of Marcus Williams.

Yea, I was thinking that too but this is Warriors and they do have a habit of messing these things up.

If latest rumors are true about Biedrins, Beninelli and Ronnie then hell yea, go for it, we would obviously then have to go for another big man, Gortat would be ideal.

I was going to suggest to include a first round draft pick but it seems we already did that for Williams for 2011 and rules prohibit doing it in back to back years.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

WOW, Spurs are having a great offseason! first an awesome trade for Jefferson and now Blair drops way down in the draft for spurs to pick up.

The only doubt about Blair are his knees, provided he stays healthy this quy could be a star!

I was going to suggest to include a first round draft pick but it seems we already did that for Williams for 2011 and rules prohibit doing it in back to back years.

That Marcus Williams trade was retarded. Just looking at the details the earliest first rounder we can include in a deal for Amare Stoudemire is a 2015 1st round pick 028.gif. Whoever is responsible for that trade should be shot.

Either Chris Mullin, Robert Rowell, or Don Nelson
    Liam90 wrote: »
    WOW, Spurs are having a great offseason! first an awesome trade for Jefferson and now Blair drops way down in the draft for spurs to pick up.
    r!

They had a decent draft especially when you consider they had no first rounders. Blair's contract isn't guranteed if his knees are as bad as they seem to be and they also drafted Jack Mc clinton who many of the top Draft sites posted as a Sleeper.

Because of Manu and Duncan getting up there in age I think the Spurs window is closing fast but Jefferson helps a lot short term

One last additional note to that trade is that the Bucks have already traded Oberto to the Pistons (who look like they're going to cut him) for Amir Johnson.

So Oberto could end up signing back in San Antonio in a matter of days.

That Marcus Williams trade was retarded. Just looking at the details the earliest first rounder we can include in a deal for Amare Stoudemire is a 2015 1st round pick 028.gif. Whoever is responsible for that trade should be shot.

Either Chris Mullin, Robert Rowell, or Don Nelson

Retarded doesn't even begin to describe it, it is mind boggling, we could argue that the warriors saw themselves in being in a strong position come that draft so it would not matter as much but the reality is that the warriors will probably have a high enough draft when it comes down to it, the main point is though, give up 1st round draft, yea, no problem, for Williams though, that was a bit of a hail mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They had a decent draft especially when you consider they had no first rounders. Blair's contract isn't guranteed if his knees are as bad as they seem to be and they also drafted Jack Mc clinton who many of the top Draft sites posted as a Sleeper.

Because of Manu and Duncan getting up there in age I think the Spurs window is closing fast but Jefferson helps a lot short term

One last additional note to that trade is that the Bucks have already traded Oberto to the Pistons (who look like they're going to cut him) for Amir Johnson.

So Oberto could end up signing back in San Antonio in a matter of days.

Well considering Blair didn't miss any games in college due to his knees I think it may be much ado about nothing...

Advertisement