Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn disaster ,soil soggy & patchy grass

Options
  • 21-05-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hello,
    (sorry for long post)

my back garden lawn is a disaster. The quality of top soil from the start was not good, I removed many big stones,concrete and plastic. Some grass has grown, other places were the soil is soggy I am getting moss or just no grass growth at all.

I was hesitant to lay new strips of grass or rotavate because I'm not sure there is proper drainage in the garden. When it rains like recently the mower just keeps slipping in the soil when I try to cut. The soil doesn't get water logged as such ,its just that the soil takes days of dry weather to dry out and give a chance to cut the grass.

I went around it with gargen fork 2 weeks ago and put some grass seed down, no sign of any new growth still.

Anybody any good suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You should contact properous dave he is having the same trouble. But what my neighbour done was put 4 " pipes down in the garden 15" down. Its working great. He connected by gully trap to the waste and soil outlet( Tech incorrect) and its taking all the water away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

You should contact properous dave he is having the same trouble. But what my neighbour done was put 4 " pipes down in the garden 15" down. Its working great. He connected by gully trap to the waste and soil outlet( Tech incorrect) and its taking all the water away!

Jaysus Joey, i am expecting Dave to appear on TV3'S Homes from hell any day now!;)

Hope he got sorted with the insurance crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

They wouldn't allow my home into Hell as its too much trouble!!!!

Joey was referring to a cowboy landscaper that I got in to do some work including draining my garden. I've looked at the OP's photos and I'd gladly swap my World War 1 trench type garden for his!!!

As for my burst water pipes under the floor, I'm still waiting for an assessor to call.

Advertisement