Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quit via Champix & Allen Carr

Options
  • 21-05-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi guys

I just thought I would post this cause I have just come across this section.

I quit smoking on Wed 6th May. 15 days ago...

I am still coming to terms with it, can't believe that I actually did it.

Both my sisters, me and alot my partners family smoke.
    I went to doctor and got the perscription for the Champix and stopped taking them by the start of the second week of the perscription. (The perscription is for 4 weeks)
    I also read the Allen Carr book at one stage during the treatment which I believe helped greatly!
    I did not plan to stop on wednesday, TBH i was getting worried at that stage cause I did not find my cravings ceasing at all.
    I had a cigarette just before Emmerdale was starting, I quenched it and went inside to watch the soaps and that was the end of my smoking.
    I feel kinda cheated but i think i'll get over it ! !
    I have not had 1 craving since and I have half a packet of the tablets left in the press.
    3 people that I know have since quit smoking too. 2 of them have done it using the perscription and the other used the Allen Carr book.
    All the best to those of you with the desire and intention of quitting.
    I made various attempts to quit before this and failed miserably.
    The tablets were my very last chance to quit as far as I was concerned - glad they worked!

Comments

well done but I just a warning to watch yourself... 15 days is great but the battle ain't over yet! I would recommend taking champix for the suggested 3 months - maybe only take 1 tab a day instead of 2 though.

Advertisement