Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike pulling to the left.

Options
  • 21-05-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So, I've a slight problem with my bike. She's pulling left quite aggressively at all speeds. She's rideable, but not in city traffic, and as soon as I let go of the handlebars, she pirouettes left.

I have had a frontal collision last week, which damaged the rear derailleur and had that fixed. I took her down to Glendalough on Tuesday, and I really felt the pull on some of the corners on the Sally Gap.

I Google'd and learnt it's likely bent forks or frame (although I can't see it, and it wasn't seen by the mech who worked on the derailleur). Some US forum or other suggested bringing it into a bike shop which has the equipment to realign frames. Anyone know of one in Dublin, or can they all do this?

If it matters, she's a B'Twin Triban Trail 7 with an aluminium frame.

Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Turn the handlebars a bit more to the right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Check wheel alignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

It sounds very like bent forks - I'd be very wary of riding it anywhere until you get that sorted. Apart from dangerous handling, they might just snap on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I'm thinking it must be a bent fork, but I've been at it with a tape measure and I can't seem to spot the bend.

I take it the best thing is to take it to a bike shop. My local is UCD's, would they be up to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Sounds very bad and un-safe. I am not 100% sure if anyone in dublin / Ireland can realign a frame, or even check the alignment ,but if you find someone let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Will do. If I can't find one, I'll be needing either new forks or a new frame, and that'll be expensive either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Cycleogical on the quays told me that they could check a frame for me, didnt get it done so no reviews but its worth a call.

Advertisement