Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test route in Waterford

• 21-05-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Does any one know the up-to-date driving test route in Waterford?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There are a good few.. There is one up around Paddy Browns Road and another by College St. Cant remember the exact routes. Any decent driving instructor will know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Did mine in January with RSA. Turned left at exit of RSA, headed towards Ballybeg. At enterance to Ballybeg (lights), turned left. Then turned at the first right up by the Waterford glass. Took the first right again up a little slip road. Stop sign turned left. 3 point turn there. Then went straight and headed towardes Waterford shopping centre, not sure the name of the area, lisdugan maybe - long road all speed bumps. Then at the Waterford shopping centre exit turned right. Kept straight until roadabout at Walsh park, then took third exit. Straight on until next roundabout at city vets - 2nd exit. Straight on until traffic light. Turn left onto Cork road roundabout. Third exit. Straight the whole way out passed the WIT main campus. Red colour garage on left hand side turned into the housing estate beside that to do reverse. Back out of there turned left. Then first right. Right again. Then turned right back down by Waterford glass. Turned left and then took first right back into Ballybeg and back to the test centre.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

thats just one of many!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Did mine in January with RSA. Turned left at exit of RSA, headed towards Ballybeg. At enterance to Ballybeg (lights), turned left. Then turned at the first right up by the Waterford glass. Took the first right again up a little slip road. Stop sign turned left. 3 point turn there. Then went straight and headed towardes Waterford shopping centre, not sure the name of the area, lisdugan maybe - long road all speed bumps. Then at the Waterford shopping centre exit turned right. Kept straight until roadabout at Walsh park, then took third exit. Straight on until next roundabout at city vets - 2nd exit. Straight on until traffic light. Turn left onto Cork road roundabout. Third exit. Straight the whole way out passed the WIT main campus. Red colour garage on left hand side turned into the housing estate beside that to do reverse. Back out of there turned left. Then first right. Right again. Then turned right back down by Waterford glass. Turned left and then took first right back into Ballybeg and back to the test centre.

Hope that helps!

They do that in reverse also.

Since the opening of the new test centers, there are even more routes added I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

thats just one of many!!!!!!
    Ah I know that - Had to do mine twice - but it may be usefeul for the OP to have at least one exact route to try. My first test was near identical to the second except I did the reverse in Ballybeg.

• Advertisement

When I was learning for my test, the instructor warned me if I showed any signs of knowing the driving test route they would alter it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Sully wrote: »
    When I was learning for my test, the instructor warned me if I showed any signs of knowing the driving test route they would alter it!

whys that?obviously hell know by your accent you re from waterford . whats he/she gonna do then?bring ya to cork?to be honest if yer from town youd know most of the area even before ya started driving so it should be no bother.even if you re from tramore:pac:

anplaya wrote: »
    whys that?obviously hell know by your accent you re from waterford . whats he/she gonna do then?bring ya to cork?to be honest if yer from town youd know most of the area even before ya started driving so it should be no bother.even if you re from tramore:pac:

Nah I was preparing for the reversing and turning parts when doing the lessons, slowing down and changing gears etc. so if I acted like that in the test it would be obvious that I knew the route layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ah sure if yer able to reverse etc ,doesnt matter where ya do the test,all the same.waterford aint a big place ,if ya were drivin a while b4 yer full license youd know the town anyway .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Thanks for all the replies lads. Will take the missus up that way at the weekend so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

templars hall always has people doing there. must see about 6 a day in there when im driving to work and that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It'd be in her interest to get at least 1 mock exam with an instructor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It'd be in her interest to get at least 1 mock exam with an instructor.

Good idea. I'll ask her to ask her instructor on her next lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

On at least one route they do reverses here, http://bit.ly/ub7VM (iirc.), and anyway it's a good place to practice.

Moving to Motors as its not really Waterford related.

Advertisement