Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water/calorie intake for an inactive lifestyle

• 21-05-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

If I lead an incredibly inactive lifestyle (basically in front of the computer all day, maybe 2-3 times a week depending on the weather I'll be out for about 2 hours walking, but otherwise I'm consistently on my arse), how much water should I be consuming daily, and how many calories should I be taking in?

Currently I'm drinking about 5-6 litres of water per day, and consuming anywhere between 800-2000 calories a day-- usually around 1,200 though-- and taking a multivitamin (lol). Diet mainly consists of pasta (usually with meat and tomato sauce), minestrone soup, LOADS of apples, bananas, and other fruits, cucumber, and once a week a huge pot roast where I go totally overboard, and a steak once every week or two.

I'm not particularly trying to gain or lose weight. It would be nice if I lost some, but I'm content with my appearance for the most part so I'm not fussed. I'm just wondering what's healthy for my lifestyle.

I don't have the drive or motivation for exercise/working out, I get bored and it's too rainy most of the time to go out, so keep that in mind.

So, any advice? Am I consuming the right amount? Do I need to modify my diet or water intake at all?

Comments

Advertisement