Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIMS Awards Weekend

Options
  • 21-05-2009 5:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, who from our esteemed musicals board is attending this event?

I'm heading down on the 11 o'clock train, possibly bringing a few alcoholic beverages. The nominations for the awards are due out this Sunday, I really hope Jane Eyre gets nominated, it was fantastic! On that note, did any of you come to see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'll be there!

Noms this Sunday, fingers crossed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

The timing isn't great for us - it's the weekend right before we open RENT in... that venue we're not allowed discuss...

Nevertheless, I'll be doing my best to represent (especially if we snag any noms) - so watch out for a slightly unhinged speccy dwarf rampaging through Killarney!

Recent photo of me:

bobavatar.jpg

:D

Will say hi if I spot you!

Nominations are out today for the National AIMS Awards, and RENT has been nominated for:

- Best Overall Show
    - Best Director

See: http://www.aims.ie/services_adjudication_noms_sullivan.asp

This is fantastic news and a major coup for our very first year of involvement with AIMS. The awards ceremony is the weekend before we open in *you know where* (brill timing I know), so fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

That's fantastic, well done to you all.

We got 3 nominations ourselves:

- Best Actor (Ray O'Hare)
    - Best Supporting Female (Mairead Murray)
    - Best Musical Director (Ivan McKenna)

Can't wait for the weekend now!

• Advertisement

Woohoo! SEVEN nominations for Sweeney Todd. I'm still shaking!!

Best singer noms for our Johanna, Mrs Lovett, Pirelli and Toby. Best MD, best modern opera and best overall.

Gives Johnelly a 2/3 chance in the overall with Rent being there too. Well done everyone!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I find the AIMS weekend to be horrendously over priced, for what you're getting. It costs a bloody fortune.

I disagree and the price came down this year. Any ball would cost €125 or more per ticket which leaves €175 for two nights b&b, dinner on the Friday, entertainment/dj and 2 lunches.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Woohoo! SEVEN nominations for Sweeney Todd. I'm still shaking!!

Best singer noms for our Johanna, Mrs Lovett, Pirelli and Toby. Best MD, best modern opera and best overall.

Gives Johnelly a 2/3 chance in the overall with Rent being there too. Well done everyone!!!!!!!

Y'know, I do believe that the Johnelly and myself will be sitting at your table on Saturday night - gorbleedinblimey!

:D

Not at my table you won't ;)

I'm sitting with my other society at AIMS though I won't ever be far from Coolmine and the i-bombs ;) I love my Coolmine pals but some of my bestest ever friends are in my other society and they're who I'm sharing with.

• Advertisement

Jai Ho!

Amazing weekend. Awards ahoy! Good to meet you dramabob ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Fantastic weekend! My AIMS virginity is officially lost, woohoo. Jai Ho all the way.

3 out of 3 for Jane Eyre, incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheKat

Wish i'd seen this thread earlier! Lost my aims virginity too this year, what a crazy weekend. That jai ho guy was hilarious, i'm still laughing any time i hear it on the radio. And we came home with 2 awards woo! Can't wait for next year :-)

Advertisement