Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1:8 Off Road National Championship

Options
  • 21-05-2009 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

This Sunday (24th May) will see the opening round of the 2009 RCCAOI 1:8 Off Road National Championships kick off at the Navan Nitro Nuts track in the MDL Soccer Grounds, Navan, Co. Meath.

The Navan club, who will play host to two of this year's four national races, have been extremely busy over the last few months preparing what is now a top class off road r/c racing facility.

See Ireland's top drivers battle it out for both Buggy and Truggy honours with the first qualifying heat due off the line at 10:00.

All Spectators are welcome (Free admission).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ngun 200

have looked at navan nitro nuts,on utube and there website,looks good.
    i have a tnx,tnx 5.2,and 2 TR areans and a HPI BAJA 5B.I SEE there is open days would the 5b,be 2 big for that track.
    hope the day goes well and u get the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Did see a Baja run at Navan last year but the track didnt really suit it. Having said that might be worth a trip up to try it out yourself and I am sure the club would be happy to give you a test run.

hello again,thanks for info,looking at track size,does look a bit small for these big scale buggies.just looking around,to see what sort of tracks are out their.coming to the conclusion there will never be a track in ireland for big off road rc.its a pity,as these car`s are very good fun.thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Hi ngun, unfortunately there is a stipulation in the Navan club rules excluding 1:5 scale cars from the track without committee approval
    Car** refers to any RC vehicle deemed suitable for running on our track – includes but not limited to 1:10, 1:8, 1:7 & 1:6 scale electric or nitro buggies, stadium trucks, truggies or monster trucks. 1:5 scale are not permitted unless approved in advance by committee.

But if you want to get in touch with Enda, and have a chat with him about it I'm sure he will organise something, might be worth trying it on the track just to see how it goes.

In relation to the lack of big scale tracks, back in August 2007 the navan track did not exist either. I might be worth considering trying to get a group of 1:5 off-roaders together and try to organise something yourself, and if you do end up with a track that way it'll be the only 1:5th scale off-road track in Ireland ;)

CHEERS,FUZZY.There is about 7 off us who own 1/5 buggies.there is a spot near the beach where i live,but this is council land.another bad point is,it is beside a golf course.u get them looking over,they dont look to impressed.lucky there are plenty of beaches near us.we should have some new video on utube pretty soon,of us on a beach.
    Anyway,hope your day was good,NGUN 200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Fantastic facility. Undoubtedly a lot of hard work and dedication that went into it. Congrats! Oh, and the racing was top class too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Advertisement