Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping questions

Options
  • 21-05-2009 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hello. Just wondering about something.

Can you train your body, over time, to get used to, say, 6 hours of sleep? For example, by chipping off maybe 10 minutes sleeping time a month?

Normally I feel tired if I get less than 8 hours sleep but I would lke to only need 6 hours!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Yes Disease Ridden, you can do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Aw thanks Disease Ridden, at least you could give me an answer, unlike the other 19 people who looked at this post but didnt reply.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could probably get used to only sleeping 6 hours, but that doesn't mean you should. Sleep is when your body gets a break to repair and rejuvenate itself. It's not all about tiredness. Your body is busy during the night when your brain is taking a break. So yes, you more than likely would very quickly get used to just getting 6 hours sleep a night, but I wouldn't be surprised if you found it harder to shake off things like colds too.

Advertisement