Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for security at the Marquee

Options
  • 21-05-2009 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of doing security this summer for the Marquee, but I don't know who is covering.

Does anyone know who?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Id say it could be sword security this year. Not sure of any contact info for them. Your gonna need a PSA licence if you want to work in security now so my advice would be to apply for this before applying.

http://www.psa.gov.ie/

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing security this summer for the Marquee, but I don't know who is covering.

Does anyone know who?

Thanks
    Yes its most probably sword security.i could get a phone number and pm you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 justhim

No Sword wont be doing the Marquees this year. Also i wouldnt worry about having the PSA licence before applying, security companies run this course regularly so they'll arrange it for you. If your interested in doing Security in the Marquee or any other concerts over summer you should definitely apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Yeah, get them to pay for the course. All these security companies have arrangements with the guys that do these 'Training' courses. It's a job of a thing. You turn up listen to a guy for about 10 mins and they sign a sheet of paper saying your fully trained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Yes its most probably sword security.i could get a phone number and pm you.

I would be grateful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

justhim wrote: »
    No Sword wont be doing the Marquees this year.

Correct. AOS are apparently doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Correct. AOS are apparently doing it.

Really AOS? Aren't they the new guys? If they are then I am highl;y surprized, but given Aiken is running it and AOS would probably charge the least......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

AOS done it last year too

AOS done it last year too

AOS have been doing it for a bit. Sword only ever had the pit contracts. AOS apparently has the whole lot this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

nice one ,good too see them doing well,the boss is an ex neighbour of mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

my sister in law is looking for some summer work and this would be ideal for her. could someone pm me details of the company - we have tried looking at the web for numbers but the landline number dont seem to be working.....

Here you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daniellebell20

Hi!
    I was just wondering could someone give me the number or contact details for the security for the Marquee this year? I'm really stuck for work and I would love to give this a shot! Thanks a million! :)

Advertisement