Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online poker site suggestions?

Options
  • 21-05-2009 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi people,

I've been playing poker on facebook for quiet some time, complete novice.
    I'm looking to join an online poker site were i can start off with low hands such as €1 or €2. Dont want to throw away a lot of money at the start. It would also be great if the site had a mock table to play with out using real money, so that I can become familiar with the site.

All suggestions appreciated.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Most/all sites will have playmoney tables, for someone like yourself Greenjokerpoker.com or boylepoker.com are probably your best bet as you can deposit and withdraw by laser which is handy, think you can also do it on paddypowerpoker.com but not sure. They're all on the same network and are all Irish so there's not much difference probably, but playing on GJP I know the customer support is top notch so that helps alot. Boyle also allow you to deposit and withdraw money from their shops, Paddypower do too but you have to wait to do it it's instant with Boyles.

A bit of advice though, when you start off playing with real money play the lowest stakes possible and don't lodge any money you can't afford to lose without caring at all. The real money games, even at the low stakes, will be alot different and alot tougher than any playmoney games especially Facebook I'd imagine. On the above sites you can play tournaments for as little as a few cents buy in if you want until your comfortable enough to play for more money. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

The biggest site in the world is Pokerstars.

The play money site is pokerstars.net and the real money site is pokerstars.com

At other sites the play money tables (and indeed small real money tables) aren't realistic and making a small deposit to the real money site would mean you potentially missing out on a big bonus later.

At Pokerstars, there are no huge bonuses to miss out on and the playmoney and micro stakes play is much closer to "real" poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cilldroichid

You could try this site

http://www.pokerpages.com/school/

Its like a halfway house between play money and real money.While it is play money they run everything on a league basis with monthly sponsorship points as prizes,which if you win a certain amount you can use to buy-in to live MTT's.There is wide range of players there,from the any two will do to good solid players.Its not to everyones taste,i know but it might be worthwhile for you to give it a look.There is also a lot of video advice and forums with some good stuff on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

fulltiltpoker is a great place to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

If you can swim through the river of spam in the bonuswhore thread there
    with a link to free small poker bankrolls from some sites instead of spunking yer cash away use the free 50 doll sign ups goodluck

• Advertisement
Advertisement