Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with poached chicken "broth"

• 21-05-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I say broth, its just a few litres of flavoured water (the chicken, bay leaves and a few herbs) is this worth keeping for the next chicken poaching or should I just send it on its way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Freeze it either in ice cube bags or trays or small freezer bags. You can then use it from frozen when a recipe requires stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers I used a tuppaware container in the absence of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Absolutely keep it, and freeze it as is in the tupperware box if you want to use it as a poaching liquid next time.

But taste it first - if it tastes weak, it's fine for a "light" chicken stock. For a more flavoursome stock, you can throw in some chopped carrot/onion/leek/celery and more herbs if you think it needs it, and simmer it a bit longer, to reduce the volume and to concentrate the flavour.

Advertisement