Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Salvation not getting good reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Just after watching a review for the new Terminator Salvation game and it's not good; 4 hours gameplay, one section can be finished in 38 seconds :eek:

Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-terminator-salvation/49400?type=flv

They failed to mention that all disc based PC copies were recalled as they can't install.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Pretty much a pure utter joke, probably the easiest 1000 achievement points ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I hope the film is better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I hope the film is better

Going by the reviews, it (pretty predictably) isn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Holy mother of ballox! Stop the press!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Seriously hilarious the way the team congratulates John on your buddy's good shooting in co-op.

I'll rent it for the Platinum and I'll celebrate with a game of T2 on the C46.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks kinda fun... definitely a rental for me. 4 hours? Wow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

What a shame to see a game like that go to waste:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Oh my god i just saw the trophies for this one, its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Excluding goldeneye, when has there ever been a good movie-game tie-in?! I struggle to understand why you're surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

animaX wrote: »
    Excluding goldeneye, when has there ever been a good movie-game tie-in?!

Ah, there is a good few. There have been 3 good Terminator ones alone. Not including anything recently, of course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wolverine Origins recently as well.

Doesn't happen very often but they come around and surprise us sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks kinda fun... definitely a rental for me. 4 hours? Wow...
    It's the new anti-piracy system. They make a game that will take pirates longer to download that it will to finish, so they just won't bother with it. It's ingenious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

animaX wrote: »
    when has there ever been a good movie-game tie-in?!

Eh... hello! Super Mario Bros? They released it 8 years before the movie to build hype.

I'll be renting this game anyway. As far as from the reviews I've read so far the game is fun and has some good ideas throughout. The main gripes seem to be the short length does not justify the cost and the complete lack of replayability. A 4 hour game killing Terminators and a platinum trophy... why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

humanji wrote: »
    It's the new anti-piracy system. They make a game that will take pirates longer to download that it will to finish, so they just won't bother with it. It's ingenious!

They should install a similar system on-board ships off the coast of Somalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah, there is a good few. There have been 3 good Terminator ones alone. Not including anything recently, of course.

star wars series on the super nintendo, except it was all but impossible to finish the empire strikes back one

but it sould like the game developers were probably given the project until 2 weeks to launch and threw any old crap in and decided any fan would buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fluffy.death

Ugh, Common.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

In its defence, every review I have seen of it says the basic game mechanics work really well and that it has a really good cover system with a nice twist (more open diving option that does look pretty cool) and the enemy AI is quite good, but the team mate ai is pretty crap and the whole thing is so rushed that there was no online coop or dynamic set pieces etc.

It essentially suffers the same fate of most movie tie ins, rushed game.

Advertisement