Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Mobile Broadband problems downloading

• 21-05-2009 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

When im downloading anything it starts ok but after it gets about 5mb down then it locks up. No internet connection, O2 connect screen locks up. I need to restart the macbook before i can get it connected again.

Oh im using this on a Macbook Pro by the way

Anyone every have this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

lots

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

If you don't need mobility, try and get real broadband.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved to midband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭b1ackr0se

Can anyone help with this??
    Answering with 'lots' isnt really helping.

It is an obvious answer that fixed BB is the best option but i do not want the line in my house. Added bills etc.

Watty are you implying that it is impossible to download on a mobile broadband unit as that is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's very unreliable as voice has priority

use a download manager.

if more than 12 peopl connect in your area it can dump you! See
    http://www.radioway.info/comparewireless/CompareHSPAandFixed-v4.html

There is also Cable (the TV is optional)
    and reliable Fixed Wireless services (not Clearwire/ripwave).
    Neither of those have the 26 Euro surchage so called "line rental" (about x8 too high).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭b1ackr0se

Cheers mate i was thinking contention alright but then it was a little to weird to be contention as it completely locks up my connection. The mac itself will still respond but i have to completely restart to get a connection again.

I rang O2 Support..... JESUS!!!!
    What a complete waste of time. If anybody is reading this and you have another option rather than O2 ( i Dont as im in the drogheda area) USE ANOTHER PROVIDER.
    I was using O2 (work provided mobile broadband for remote connections) and it was fine. No problem downloading. Although tht modem was a E270... im using an E220 now as there was no 270's in stock at the time. I wonder if thats it???

ANYWAY - If you log a call with O2 technical support (Slightly trained chimps) it takes wait for it..... 3 DAYS FOR THEM TO GET BACK TO YOU!!!!! 3 DAYS!!!!!

WTF!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement