Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its probably been asked before...!

• 21-05-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

But which class do you find the hardest to kill. Ive a lvl 75 hunter, who ive never did much PvP with, so he gets ganked by pretty much everyone. But with my vl 69 DK http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Stinkymunkey who is tricked out ok. I find pala's are the hardest to kill hands down. They can put out insane amounts of damage, and pretty much top most bg's im in. But saying that, 1 on 1 without without anyone else around, i still fair pretty well against them.

Sometimes warriors can cause me a bit of trouble, if their geared out right. But 95% of the time, i win hands down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Well as I clothie, I'd say Rogues. They've so much control that it's difficult to go on the offensive against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I don't really PVP much but from what I've seen so far pali's are right up there at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

When i did do PvP on my hunter, i found myself nearly being instagibbed by rogues. For them, most hunters are an easy kill. But with a DK, unless there is 2-3 well specced, i just laugh and wait for stun to wear off, turn around and frag em. The only problem a have with rogues when on a DK, is trying to snare them long enough to hit em a couple of blows, which usually kills em. Unless your playing Alterac with 40 horde v 20 ally, i usually wade through all classes on my DK, with the exception of pala's ofc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Druids, without a doubt. To be more specific, well geared healing Tree's.
    The other night in EoTS, 7 (yes seven) Horde were trying their best to kill a single Druid. No such luck, honestly like it was rediculous. Ok my Mage has no pvp gear but has 2k spellpower and 20k mana - I ran out of mana trying to kill the Druid with the other 6 horde :mad:

Guess that kind've sealed it for me and why I rolled a NE Druid tonight (Refer a Friend so it'll help to 60), they're just unbeatable in PVP.

Remember a couple weeks back, was dueling a mate in the old guild, well geared healing Druid. After eventually throwing everything I could at him, I had him about 20% and he was running out of mana. He goes in Druid flight form and flew off, laughing...Bastard !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

You can go flight form in combat?

• Advertisement

I didn't think so either, that's what surprised me the most. Unless you still can't and he done something that put him out of combat for a moment. Thought that was really overpowered though if it is the case. Duel was at the stone around EoE if that made any difference at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

on my warrior paladins and mages were always my downfall, but now with shattering throw it helps alot, but a well played one will still make bits of me. On my priest... Well pretty much everything really as i still need to l2p pvp as shadow... and holy... oh and disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

Great, I'm levelling up a NE Druid at the moment so this is music to my ears :D

That said any class is lethal in the right hands, I think it has more to do with the player's skill then what class they are. Although good gear does help ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Resto Druids are definitely great tanks in pvp, but the problem is they can't actually kill anything. If I'm up against one, it's just a matter of wearing them down. It'll take forever mind, but they'll go down eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    You can go flight form in combat?

No you can't, but you can run off a little bit till combat drops and then instant flight form. L2Duel :P

To the OP, its a bit academic talking about pvp at lower levels as anyone higher level than you will kill you and you will kill anyone lower level (with certain exceptions).

For example, i dont think i was succesfully ganked at all whilst levelling a prot war and a spriest, with both classes i could easily deal with DK's and Pallys. Now at level cap and with gear coming into play, both are not-so-great at pvp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Blowfish wrote: »
    Resto Druids are definitely great tanks in pvp, but the problem is they can't actually kill anything. If I'm up against one, it's just a matter of wearing them down. It'll take forever mind, but they'll go down eventually.

Dueled one a while ago on my Blood DK, god musta been there for like 10 mins near each other bein topped up by talents & spells. I'd just accepted to kill time while waitin on group bein formed tbh. Got army of dead out and basically killed him with that when the group was ready but was frustrating not bein able to take each other down much without that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I find paladins and death knights to be the hardest... Paladins just bubble and heal and have insane damage too. DK's don't seem to die either with some decent damage too.

Other classes like resto druids or resto shamans can be very difficult to kill, but they won't be hurting you either. :)

Playing my DK, the hardest class to kill before they kill me is a skilled Mage.

I tend to pvp in my tanking gear and spec rather than my pvp gear. At least it takes a fair few Alliance to bring me down. Dunno what it is with Resillience, I know I don't have enough of it (720 or so on my DK in pvp gear) but PVE gear seems to benefit me more.

I don't play Arena as I think it's sucks balls but there ye go.

Am in process of re-rolling an Alliance Druid anyway so won't be pvp'ing much at all anymore until I hit 80 - and then sure I'll get a complete kit of pvp gear from honour points in probably 2 days as Alliance just doing AV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Druids, without a doubt. To be more specific, well geared healing Tree's.
    The other night in EoTS, 7 (yes seven) Horde were trying their best to kill a single Druid. No such luck, honestly like it was rediculous. Ok my Mage has no pvp gear but has 2k spellpower and 20k mana - I ran out of mana trying to kill the Druid with the other 6 horde :mad:

Guess that kind've sealed it for me and why I rolled a NE Druid tonight (Refer a Friend so it'll help to 60), they're just unbeatable in PVP.

Remember a couple weeks back, was dueling a mate in the old guild, well geared healing Druid. After eventually throwing everything I could at him, I had him about 20% and he was running out of mana. He goes in Druid flight form and flew off, laughing...Bastard !

I never really have much problems with druids, i know the can soak up alot of damage and keep healing, but i can put out a fair amount of damage. Mind you this is at lvl 69 in bg's. God knows what it will be like when i eventually decide to lvl up to 80 on my DK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

It really depends on what you're talking about.

1v1 duels, or an arena based 2v2 match.

I don't understand all this hype about tree form druids, then again I do run frost with stupidly good gear and the sigil from xt (Yes I'm Lucky) Btw I play dk/druid in 2v2 :D
    I can kill a druid in a strangulate, how?

Focus dg into hungering cold when hes got about 3/4 seconds of life bloom left.
    Obviousliy you will have a Killing machine + cinderglacier proc up + deathchill, with my gear this means my next 2 frost strikes are crits, normally about 7+k on druids, you just leave him in the hungering cold until hots roll off, strangulate him and 2 shot him :D
    4 frost strikes unloads for about roughly 20k, sometimes ALOT more if the 3rd or 4th proc, this + a we bit added pressure with ur partner = dead druid.

In a duel a REALLY REALLY wp ret paladin is the hardest to kill, I don't stand a chance versus any frost mage with a brain, it all differs for the class you play.

But people moaning about druids are playing it all wrong :D

sunzz wrote: »

Don't see any moaning about Druids, merely answering a question asked.

Care to post a fraps or otherwise of you taking out a well geared and skilled Druid Tree so fast ? I find it very hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It really depends on what you're talking about.

1v1 duels, or an arena based 2v2 match.

I don't understand all this hype about tree form druids, then again I do run frost with stupidly good gear and the sigil from xt (Yes I'm Lucky) Btw I play dk/druid in 2v2 :D
    I can kill a druid in a strangulate, how?

Focus dg into hungering cold when hes got about 3/4 seconds of life bloom left.
    Obviousliy you will have a Killing machine + cinderglacier proc up + deathchill, with my gear this means my next 2 frost strikes are crits, normally about 7+k on druids, you just leave him in the hungering cold until hots roll off, strangulate him and 2 shot him :D
    4 frost strikes unloads for about roughly 20k, sometimes ALOT more if the 3rd or 4th proc, this + a we bit added pressure with ur partner = dead druid.

In a duel a REALLY REALLY wp ret paladin is the hardest to kill, I don't stand a chance versus any frost mage with a brain, it all differs for the class you play.

Oh wow, Frost in Arenas I never would have seen that coming :rolleyes:

Dont mind Sunzz Nexhaxak, s/he is very sensitive when it comes to Death-Knights.

Aye :)

Could someone explain though the point of gem'ing Spell Penetration instead of other gems ? I've particularly seen this among a few DK's that play Arena.
    I understand it lowers resistance of who you are using it against, I get that, but, would it not be better to gem something else instead of spell penetration gems ?

Any significant benefits to gemming spell penetration instead of say 16 Str gems ? or 24 Stam ?

Because a resisted deathgrip, strangulate or Hungering Cold at the wrong time will cause a loss more often than the strength those slots, would give.

And you only need ~160 penetration to overcome the resists they are aimed at i.e. Druids with Mark of the Wild.

Ok, that sounds fair enough I guess, cheers.

• Advertisement

I'm a he thanks ivan, on the other hand you cant claim fame to frost in arena when it FINALLY becomes viable 7months after release, kk :D check sk top 100 its still unholy that's the most used spec, only because of low frost strike sigil drop but hey you know best.....

Nehaxak, I cant fraps im sorry i have a terrible pc, barely get 60fps in wow :(
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/streams/
    on that site there is plenty of frost dks who stream with druids who have the sigil, one in particular is senoj, 2800 rated, watch him 4 shot druids he runs EXACTLY the same gear in arena as i do.

focus death grip druid with a low time on hots left, hungering cold, wait for hots to roll off, your druid cyclones the dps if he trinkets, strangulate, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, with a bear bash thrown in for good measure, when the first 2 strikes are 7k+ crits believe me thats a dead druid. thats with sigil and wrathstone

115 spell pen is enough running anything more is retarded as you get virulence. 160 lal. I'll teach you about dk's if you want ivan just gimme a holler :D

Well I'll hope that sigil drops for me then :) Non slackers from old guild setup a new guild and we're only doing Ulduar 10 atm. As we're also short on tanks, I'm tanking :/ Not doing too bad though at all.

I'm a he thanks ivan, on the other hand you cant claim fame to frost in arena when it FINALLY becomes viable 7months after release, kk :D check sk top 100 its still unholy that's the most used spec, only because of low frost strike sigil drop but hey you know best.....

Nehaxak, I cant fraps im sorry i have a terrible pc, barely get 60fps in wow :(
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/streams/
    on that site there is plenty of frost dks who stream with druids who have the sigil, one in particular is senoj, 2800 rated, watch him 4 shot druids he runs EXACTLY the same gear in arena as i do.

focus death grip druid with a low time on hots left, hungering cold, wait for hots to roll off, your druid cyclones the dps if he trinkets, strangulate, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, with a bear bash thrown in for good measure, when the first 2 strikes are 7k+ crits believe me thats a dead druid. thats with sigil and wrathstone

115 spell pen is enough running anything more is retarded as you get virulence. 160 lal. I'll teach you about dk's if you want ivan just gimme a holler :D
    Just because you are discovering Frost spec 4 months after the pros, doesnt mean I wasnt right ;)

But fair enough, you know best :p

and mneh, 115 spell pen. I dont play a DK much, I certainly dont arena as one... so I dont mind being wrong, especially when I have you to come along and correct me afterwards... all it takes is a little dig about frost and you come running :)

shows how exciting your life is if you feel the need to post on a forum not visited by many in an attempt to get a response from one person, but meh!

you cant CANT say frost was the viable spec, it hasn't been a viable pvp spec until it got a SIGNIFICANT buff, its still not viable without the sigil as ANY dk will tell you over at junkies.

Take a look at the number of glad dks that ran 17/54 last season as shadowfrost.....thats a primary talent pool of unholy btw.

But yea, of course 99% of those dk's were wrong and you who doesn't play a dk much nor pvp as one know ALOT more than all of them, you should put your ego aside and stop talking about things you know very little about.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/5v5/Death%20Knight/
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/Death%20Knight/
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/Death%20Knight/
    That's this season with unholy being terrible compared to last,
    fair enough, you know best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Yeah ****ing nelfs and there stupid stealth thing puts them out of combat with no global cooldown so druids usually have it macro'd to flightform = instant getaway. really.... really anoying when you try to get one in world pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Dustaz wrote: »
    No you can't, but you can run off a little bit till combat drops and then instant flight form. L2Duel :P

To the OP, its a bit academic talking about pvp at lower levels as anyone higher level than you will kill you and you will kill anyone lower level (with certain exceptions).

For example, i dont think i was succesfully ganked at all whilst levelling a prot war and a spriest, with both classes i could easily deal with DK's and Pallys. Now at level cap and with gear coming into play, both are not-so-great at pvp.

That wasn't mentioned in the above dialogue. L2 troll.
    Oh and i should be a capital :P
    If your going to insult make sure your ready for a retaliation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

BTW, deathknights are a **** easy class, wish people would stop talking as if they actually require skill to get high ratingzzzzzzz......

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

oh dear

magilly wrote: »
    BTW, deathknights are a **** easy class, wish people would stop talking as if they actually require skill to get high ratingzzzzzzz......

Care to shed light on how they're an easy class to faceroll to high ratings or do you just want to keep plucking stuff from above the blue yonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Eh, what?

If you're going to try to flame, try being clearer about what you are flaming about.

Edit: Oh, is it about the NE shadowmeld? Yeah, I forgot about that. So did you clearly.

BTW: It's "You're" not "your". Also, in that context "a retaliation" is incorrect. "A retaliation of massive proportions" would be correct, but in this case a simple "retaliation" will do.

Advertisement