Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its probably been asked before...!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

When did english classes get moved to WoW Forum :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

when the grammar police took over control :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Hey, If you're going to attack someones use of english on a bulletin board, You really gotta get your own house in order first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

magilly wrote: »
    BTW, deathknights are a **** easy class, wish people would stop talking as if they actually require skill to get high ratingzzzzzzz......

All depends on who is using one. Any class can be easy, if your specced out right. Granted some more than others. Ive never used a pally, but they seem to bulldoze through BG's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I wouldn't say DK's are that easy of a class, and I wouldn't say there overpowered either, in fact I was quite dissapointed that they couldn't really match a good pally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

People talking about pvp on this thread need to stop :(

you're making my eyes bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

sunzz wrote: »
    I'm a he thanks ivan, on the other hand you cant claim fame to frost in arena when it FINALLY becomes viable 7months after release, kk :D check sk top 100 its still unholy that's the most used spec, only because of low frost strike sigil drop but hey you know best.....

Nehaxak, I cant fraps im sorry i have a terrible pc, barely get 60fps in wow :(
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/streams/
    on that site there is plenty of frost dks who stream with druids who have the sigil, one in particular is senoj, 2800 rated, watch him 4 shot druids he runs EXACTLY the same gear in arena as i do.

focus death grip druid with a low time on hots left, hungering cold, wait for hots to roll off, your druid cyclones the dps if he trinkets, strangulate, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, with a bear bash thrown in for good measure, when the first 2 strikes are 7k+ crits believe me thats a dead druid. thats with sigil and wrathstone

115 spell pen is enough running anything more is retarded as you get virulence. 160 lal. I'll teach you about dk's if you want ivan just gimme a holler :D

You are correct and I was wrong, for the most part. In my defense I dont play a DK, I dont want to play a DK and I base all my information from 2nd hand sources. I feel I've been pretty clear from that respect. I have never said that you were wrong or that my view is the only valid one (at least to my knowledge).

In my defense, however, the aspects of the frost spec that I saw as being overpowered were in common use by several of the Top 2v2 and 3v3, who were running their 115 spell pen for several weeks and clearing up. Myself and my friend did similar and cleared up in places where we had no business being competitive. Then Blizzard nerfed several of the key talents in those builds and naturally everybody, including the top Tier arena teams, went back to what was viable. Which is what you linked there.

Now, to be fair. I was wrong in my dig up there - but only because I was originally right ;)

So with that in mind, I am sorry for trolling you. But I'm not sorry for being right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ivan wrote: »
    Oh wow, Frost in Arenas I never would have seen that coming :rolleyes:

Dont mind Sunzz Nexhaxak, s/he is very sensitive when it comes to Death-Knights.
    Seriously you mod this forum, is there any way you could avoid being needlessly confrontational?

Ivan wrote: »
    You are correct and I was wrong, for the most part. In my defense I dont play a DK, I dont want to play a DK and I base all my information from 2nd hand sources. I feel I've been pretty clear from that respect. I have never said that you were wrong or that my view is the only valid one (at least to my knowledge).

In my defense, however, the aspects of the frost spec that I saw as being overpowered were in common use by several of the Top 2v2 and 3v3, who were running their 115 spell pen for several weeks and clearing up. Myself and my friend did similar and cleared up in places where we had no business being competitive. Then Blizzard nerfed several of the key talents in those builds and naturally everybody, including the top Tier arena teams, went back to what was viable. Which is what you linked there.

Now, to be fair. I was wrong in my dig up there - but only because I was originally right ;)

So with that in mind, I am sorry for trolling you. But I'm not sorry for being right.

I'm sorry but do you just speak out of your arse on a 24/7 basis....
    NO-ONE NO-ONE NO-ONE bar maybe < 1% of the dk population played frost last season, it was WORSE last season than it is now the reason SOME dk's are doing stupidly well with it is because of the sigil, FACT! if you took the time to actually research anything about pvp you would see the cries for the sigil to be nerfed to the ground, Im sorry but being 1800 odd is NOT a flattering rating.

The argument in question is, on the first week of arena you were on here telling us all how you talked to two dk friends of yours both of whom had vastly superior knowledge than ANYONE on this board (I lold) who were saying how frost was going to be the cookie cutter, WRONG! 2 weeks into arena season EVERYONE was 19/0/54 or 21/0/50 depending on if they were taking mark of blood or not. Then gargoyle got nerfed and serrenia/nathrya came up with 0/21/50 unholy, once again 99.99% of dks took to this spec as lets face it it was stupidly overpowered and was the sole reason most dks ended up with glad regardless of how decent you were.

NO-ONE was playing frost at the end of the season bar a FEW dedicated players partly because it lacked burst to bring down anything, which is what the sigil provides.
    Roll onto season6 STILL we have the primary talent pool being unholy.

I mean what are you laying claim to? saying frost was going to be the no1 spec in season5 when it clearly wasn't nor is it the no1 spec now, its just become insane as a result of one pve drop, really tho Im confused what are you laying claim to?

Once again ill say it, why are you arguing a point based on 2nd hand knowledge when you have no clue what you're on about yourself?
    And whats your reference to running 115spell pen and cleaning up?
    Tell me why 115 spell pen means you clean up as frost ...considering its essential in ALLLLLLLLLLL specs.
    God you make me giggle, a few days ago we were running 160 spell penetration, You really need to stop digging.

As for me I was 3rd in europe with dk/lock last season out of the 32 amazing teams that played my abysmal setup :) I've been 2200+ in all brackets but 5v5 which wasn't obtainable due to ratings but now that's changed I'm sure I'll get that this season, im currently 2300 rated in 2v2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Ivan/sunz, any chance you guys could post your armory links ?

When i said deathknights are an easy class, i guess i was refering more to last season..... when they were actually rediculously op'd. In a way i'd still say they are one of the easier classes to play in the top end, they have very little to think about when it comes to there own moves / timing etc.

Compared to say rogues who yeah they might faceroll cloth classes in BG's, but to be really good you have so much more to watch out for, you have to worry about CC alot more, watching your energy so you dont get LOL'd at while the healers casting big heals. From watching some "GOOD" deathknight vids and tournaments, there only job is to just stick on the healer or targeted dps. Just seems to me that the skill required to be a very good deathknight is alot lower than say rogue / lock / mage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

There's skill required to play a class and there's something very different and that's any given class's skill-cap. Don't get the two confused and pigeonhole a good Death Knight as a worse player than a good Rogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Why not? The good rogue earned it by an extra 55 levels ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;60580548']Why not? The good rogue earned it by an extra 55 levels ;)

I don't know many people on here but I pray for the sake of Irish gaming you're kidding :P

Seems I'm unbanned now, Ivan can say what he likes and when he likes it but anyone else receives a ban, nice to know!
    Anyway, MLG 3v3 tournament is streaming on gotfrag.com now if you care to watch top players playing 3v3.

I'm sorry but just because the class starts at 55 doesn't mean you don't know how to play the the class, its EXACTLY the same as starting at level 1, you don't know anything from the getgo and have to adapt and learn, granted its a little less but in the context of things when it takes you 2-3days pld to get 0-55 when you're 80 for a few weeks that 2-3days pld is more or less negated.

Playing a dk at 2500+ is not an easy task you're NOT playing retards who let you burst 4 frost strikes in a row, you're playing teams who keep their cds and use them to prevent kills, as a rogue you need to look at energy and and combo points, as a dk you need to look at your runes something which I find is a lot harder than energy and combo points, if you (the dk) miss ONE strike on your rotation you've practically ****ed your dmg for 5 seconds + knowing when to use runes that make death runes etc etc at the cost of cc and dmg when everything is going on is hectic :D you have to know if you're going to use your frost runes to cc someone or to use them as ur dmg, if you choose to cc you've got no dmg until your runes come up if u use them to dmg you've got no cc to protect, its not an easy task being a dk at high ratings, people really need to realise season5 is over.

I'll admit 110% its an easy enough class to play and do REASONABLY well with but its a whole diff kettle of fish playing it to its potential.

As for the comments of rogues/locks/mages, its the same thing friendly classes, shatter/fear/lockdowns but playing them to their potential is another thing, I have respect for any player doing well with their class. I just hate retards who get destroyed by one class probs cause they have no clue whats going on then go and moan about the class being op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Yeah idd, i know alot of deathknights are skilled players, and the ones in the very top tier of pvp are players that have probably been there before with other classes in TBC. But like you said, its a class doesnt really require the same sort of skill to be effective as a few other classes. TBH tho, high end pvp is all about your team these days, theres only so much individual skill can do (Just like in any team game), timing and good team player mean a whole lot more than your own personal skill, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

As a warlock rogues are the bane of my existence in pvp :( full deadly/furious gear and they can still own me in a few secs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As an ex-Warlock, i feel your pain :(

As a new Rogue, i bring the pain :D

Locks are SOOOOOOO good if played correctly and with an effective team behind you, druid/lock/warrior is so strong right now especially if you're a destro lock, being able to stun into fear,incin-confag,chaos is INSANE pressure with an ms up not to mention being able to shut out teams with fear.
    Its really the players you play with behind you that define you as a player if you don't have players to take the pressure off you when needed and help with burst accordingly you're just going to fail.

I understand your bane in 1v1 though, but blizz have always stated classes are not balanced around 1v1 dueling, but for instance in a 3v3 when you're stuck in the kidney a quick intervene to the lock and a dismantle of the rogue and you've more or less killed the pressure right there, there is ALWAYS ways to negate dmg sadly people just don't play this game correctly and moan when they're in a stunlock getting 2 shot cause their team is tunnel visioning the opposing teams healer and doing nothing to help :D

Also to the person asking for a fraps, I've a new pc now so im going to get some duels done versus a few furious/deadly druids in resto/tree and show you 3 shotting them as frost in the space of a strangulate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

im talking mainly about 2's, i play with a disc priest. gona do 3's with that setup this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seems I'm unbanned now, Ivan can say what he likes and when he likes it but anyone else receives a ban, nice to know!
    Anyway, MLG 3v3 tournament is streaming on gotfrag.com now if you care to watch top players playing 3v3.

I'm sorry but just because the class starts at 55 doesn't mean you don't know how to play the the class, its EXACTLY the same as starting at level 1, you don't know anything from the getgo and have to adapt and learn, granted its a little less but in the context of things when it takes you 2-3days pld to get 0-55 when you're 80 for a few weeks that 2-3days pld is more or less negated.

Playing a dk at 2500+ is not an easy task you're NOT playing retards who let you burst 4 frost strikes in a row, you're playing teams who keep their cds and use them to prevent kills, as a rogue you need to look at energy and and combo points, as a dk you need to look at your runes something which I find is a lot harder than energy and combo points, if you (the dk) miss ONE strike on your rotation you've practically ****ed your dmg for 5 seconds + knowing when to use runes that make death runes etc etc at the cost of cc and dmg when everything is going on is hectic :D you have to know if you're going to use your frost runes to cc someone or to use them as ur dmg, if you choose to cc you've got no dmg until your runes come up if u use them to dmg you've got no cc to protect, its not an easy task being a dk at high ratings, people really need to realise season5 is over.

I'll admit 110% its an easy enough class to play and do REASONABLY well with but its a whole diff kettle of fish playing it to its potential.

As for the comments of rogues/locks/mages, its the same thing friendly classes, shatter/fear/lockdowns but playing them to their potential is another thing, I have respect for any player doing well with their class. I just hate retards who get destroyed by one class probs cause they have no clue whats going on then go and moan about the class being op!

Was watching the MLG thing and it wetted my appatite for some pvp. Have to say I need to read up on the lingo, I thought for ages they were talking about RP servers when they actually said "RMP" or something.

There I was thinking all the best PVP players were sitting in taverns drinking ye old ale and "vetting for the slaughter" or some **** :(

• Advertisement

It's not as hard as it seems, practice makes pefect although addons help alot in your quest for domination, knowing when someones cd's are coming back up can really make or break a game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If you've an issue about how the forums are moderated then take it to the help desk forum. Do not post about it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

As a mage its a tough call really, I suppose resto druids and holy paladins, however if you go duel spec as a mage you can go frost to deal with warrior's rogues and basiclly all non healer's, then to deal with resto's or holy palas I simply duel spec to an arcane pvp spec where you can do Arc blast x3 then do Arc power Arc blast again + Pom arc blast in a counter spell silence combined with a missle barraged arcane missile followed by an arc barrage, that is normally about 18k burst damage not including the build up A blasts so I can explode most healers.

End point, as frost which is my favorite spec which I'm in 95% of the time resto druids are very hard unless i get a deep freeze fb + ILx2 into a FoF Cs FB IL into a brain freeze, likely hood of those all procing like that is slim.
    As arcane, I find I can explode most healers but struggle with warriors, rogues ret pals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say I need to read up on the lingo, I thought for ages they were talking about RP servers when they actually said "RMP" or something.

There I was thinking all the best PVP players were sitting in taverns drinking ye old ale and "vetting for the slaughter" or some **** :(

looooooooool

your gonna pay for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »
    looooooooool

your gonna pay for that :)

I bring it on myself though in fairness

Advertisement