Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fore golf

• 21-05-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm a 15 handicaper, who is back playing after a 3 year lay off.

Anyway going to fore golf tomorrow for a session to look at me and my clubs.

I am looking to change my 12 year old irons but not looking to spend the earth.
    Any ideas what kind of price range I can expect to pay?

Thanks
    Pat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

tap28 wrote: »
    I'm a 15 handicaper, who is back playing after a 3 year lay off.

Anyway going to fore golf tomorrow for a session to look at me and my clubs.

I am looking to change my 12 year old irons but not looking to spend the earth.
    Any ideas what kind of price range I can expect to pay?

Thanks
    Pat
    As much or little as you like/can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

I was thinking of getting a custom fit analysis session done in the near future and would be intersted to know how you get on. Would be intersting to find out if the lofts and lies on my irons are correct and have a look at my driver which I was looking at changing at the end of this seaon.

From all reports I have heard from a few of the lads in work the service on offer by ForeGolf is nothing short of first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

I was thinking of getting a custom fit analysis session done in the near future and would be intersted to know how you get on. Would be intersting to find out if the lofts and lies on my irons are correct and have a look at my driver which I was looking at changing at the end of this seaon.

From all reports I have heard from a few of the lads in work the service on offer by ForeGolf is nothing short of first class.

And you have nothing at all to do with them is it??? Good to see the ladd in fore golf figured out the Internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

And you have nothing at all to do with them is it??? Good to see the ladd in fore golf figured out the Internet

Relax there cheif with the silly accusations, it's clear you haven't been around here for too long. Foregolf are regularly touted by lots of users because they are the best in the country at what they do, and that's fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

f22 wrote: »
    Relax there cheif with the silly accusations, it's clear you haven't been around here for too long. Foregolf are regularly touted by lots of users because they are the best in the country at what they do, and that's fact!
    I just spend most of my golf forumming time elsewhere and promotion and selling are severely frowned upon. My bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Frowned upon here to, easy mistake to make. Welcome to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

My comments were purely based on what I have read on this forum and from what I have heard from a few lads I know.

Hope to get myself booked in some Saturday in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

Me: 15 handicapper, first year back playing in 3 years.
    In the bag: Ping G10 draw driver, Titlest 3 wood, Cobra hybrid draw, Macgregor irons, Ping Zing putter.
    Good shots: driver from tee. Hybrid from anywhere (love that club). Putting from 10 feet in.
    Bad shots. Push right with just about any club, especially long irons. Very inconsistent with 3 wood. Lag putting.
    What I was expecting/hoping for: As I am not short, I am not too concerned with extra distance, I want more accuracy especially my approach to the green.

My appointment was due to start at 15.00 on Friday. Arrived about 14.50 went to the truck, was told they were running about 10minutes late and he would find me in the driving bay. Went to reception, paid the €100 and got about 20 balls for the range. At the range I was initially creaming the ball but soon went back to my bad shot push right.

Got called to go into session at about 3.20. Fitter asked me some questions about me my clubs and what are my good and bad shots.

Irons. He got out my 6 iron and put some sort of sticker on the face of it. (6 iron is standard iron to hit) Told me to hit some shots. After awhile he handed me some different types of irons with different characteristics. He then put another sticker on the sole of my 6 iron and I hit a few balls off a rubber mat. Again after awhile he handed me some different types of irons with different characteristics. At the end of this part of the session. I was using an iron that was really helping me keep it online much much more, with more flight and distance.

We then moved onto my hybrid. As I said I love this club. I hit this really well and he said he would not touch it.

3 wood. Before I even hit the ball, fitter said he reckoned it to be just about the club in the bag for me to hit. He really didn’t like it. As before, sticker, swings, try different clubs etc. At the end of this part I had a 5 wood in my hands and was really hitting it well.

Driver. As before sticker, swings. He reckoned the driver was to long and to flexible for me but the draw on the club was good for me. Tried different clubs mainly to find the right shaft.

Putter. He to hit some puts and had a look at my address and putting style. He said he would not change my putter and gave me some advise on my technique.

When all was said and done, he handed me a sheet of A4 paper with his recommendations on it.
    Taylor Made R7 Draw Irons 5 – SW, T-Step 90g Regular €490.00
    Cleveland XLS 5 Wood (19*), Aldila NV 65g Regular €200.00
    Re-Shaft Own Ping 10.5* Draw, Aldila NV 65g Stiff (ex-demo) €50.00

We did a bit of haggling and I agreed to take the irons and get the re-shaft now and maybe the 5 wood later in the summer.

I have got to say it was an excellent service. I looked at my watch at the end of the session and it was almost 17.00 (I was the last person to be seen). I had so my clubs in my hands, I had no idea what make clubs I was hitting. I was never asked did I have any preference for any brand. I brought up my ballpark budget and I was more interested in a set of irons rather than 3 and 5 wood. At all stages the fitter explained to me, where I was going right and wrong and what he was doing to help me. I felt I was under no pressure to buy anything. I paid €100 deposit, my clubs will be ready in 5 – 7 days and I can’t wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

tap28 wrote: »
    Me: 15 handicapper, first year back playing in 3 years.
    In the bag: Ping G10 draw driver, Titlest 3 wood, Cobra hybrid draw, Macgregor irons, Ping Zing putter.
    Good shots: driver from tee. Hybrid from anywhere (love that club). Putting from 10 feet in.
    Bad shots. Push right with just about any club, especially long irons. Very inconsistent with 3 wood. Lag putting.
    What I was expecting/hoping for: As I am not short, I am not too concerned with extra distance, I want more accuracy especially my approach to the green.

My appointment was due to start at 15.00 on Friday. Arrived about 14.50 went to the truck, was told they were running about 10minutes late and he would find me in the driving bay. Went to reception, paid the €100 and got about 20 balls for the range. At the range I was initially creaming the ball but soon went back to my bad shot push right.

Got called to go into session at about 3.20. Fitter asked me some questions about me my clubs and what are my good and bad shots.

Irons. He got out my 6 iron and put some sort of sticker on the face of it. (6 iron is standard iron to hit) Told me to hit some shots. After awhile he handed me some different types of irons with different characteristics. He then put another sticker on the sole of my 6 iron and I hit a few balls off a rubber mat. Again after awhile he handed me some different types of irons with different characteristics. At the end of this part of the session. I was using an iron that was really helping me keep it online much much more, with more flight and distance.

We then moved onto my hybrid. As I said I love this club. I hit this really well and he said he would not touch it.

3 wood. Before I even hit the ball, fitter said he reckoned it to be just about the club in the bag for me to hit. He really didn’t like it. As before, sticker, swings, try different clubs etc. At the end of this part I had a 5 wood in my hands and was really hitting it well.

Driver. As before sticker, swings. He reckoned the driver was to long and to flexible for me but the draw on the club was good for me. Tried different clubs mainly to find the right shaft.

Putter. He to hit some puts and had a look at my address and putting style. He said he would not change my putter and gave me some advise on my technique.

When all was said and done, he handed me a sheet of A4 paper with his recommendations on it.
    Taylor Made R7 Draw Irons 5 – SW, T-Step 90g Regular €490.00
    Cleveland XLS 5 Wood (19*), Aldila NV 65g Regular €200.00
    Re-Shaft Own Ping 10.5* Draw, Aldila NV 65g Stiff (ex-demo) €50.00

We did a bit of haggling and I agreed to take the irons and get the re-shaft now and maybe the 5 wood later in the summer.

I have got to say it was an excellent service. I looked at my watch at the end of the session and it was almost 17.00 (I was the last person to be seen). I had so my clubs in my hands, I had no idea what make clubs I was hitting. I was never asked did I have any preference for any brand. I brought up my ballpark budget and I was more interested in a set of irons rather than 3 and 5 wood. At all stages the fitter explained to me, where I was going right and wrong and what he was doing to help me. I felt I was under no pressure to buy anything. I paid €100 deposit, my clubs will be ready in 5 – 7 days and I can’t wait.

I'm hoping to get to Fore golf as well in the near future, how have the new clubs worked out for you? What sort of change has it made to your game?

Advertisement