Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Display after New Build

Options
  • 21-05-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey,
    I just finished building my new pc so naturally I powered it on...
    The pc seems to be powered fine (all fans working,lights etc) but im not getting any display signal at all,

I hear a beep after ~4 secs of powering on and then another after around 10secs but not more beeps after that.

I tried only having one stick of ram in and i tried reconnecting the Graphics card but still the same story

my rig I just built is:

-Nvidia Gtx 295
    -Intel i7-965 Extreme
    -Asus P6T v2 Deluxe
    -3x2gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz
    -Corsair 1kW PSU
    -Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB
    -Western Digital Caviar GreenPower 1TB
    -LG DVD±RW burner, GGC-H20L,

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Ok lets start simple, is the monitor plugged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

yup i tried via HDMI and Dvi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Disconnect everything from the board. Insert single RAM module in correct slot. Connect the GFX card to mobo and then connect PSU to mobo both 24-pin and 8/4-pin. Connect PSU to GFX card. Short the power +/- header pins and see what you get.

Try single different RAM modules in different slots - You were using the correct three slots previously?

Had you tested the system before putting it into the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

should be something in your mobo manual about recovery...possibley power off, hold clear CMOS then power on iirc but check to be sure.

failing that, could be a dodgy connection cable to the board.

965 is nice tho...expensive but nice all the same /jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Pshemko

Try conect monitor by D-sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Did you plug in any extra power connectors that the motherboard and graphics card needs? If two on the GC then make sure they are from different rails on the PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

got it working thanks guys :)

turns out my wifi card was causing the hassle for some reason, when I took it off everything went fine but only via dvi.. ill try the hdmi again when windows is up

Advertisement