Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go gyms in Auckland

Options
  • 21-05-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

Does anybody who has been to Auckland or is still there know of any gyms where you can just drop in as you go? If so any idea how much they cost? Been dirt cheap in South America and kinda hoping they´re not much more expensive in NZ. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would seriously doubt that they will be anywhere near as cheap as in South America. I pay $80 a month for a gym and that's in the cheapest one which is the council aquatic centre. That's a lot less than most other places.

I'm not in auckland so can't help you there but I know when I first got to Wellington I couldn't find one anywhere that you didn't have to be a member to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Actually i got told about 2 that are cheaper to use than a lot of places in South America. Revitalize and Bodysmart i think. Also was told the YMCA is cheap too. Surprisingly a lot of them aren´t that cheap over in South America. some are over 10 euros for a drop in. Thanks anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm a member of YMCA Tepid Baths on the corner of Customs Street and Lower Albert St in Auckland city centre. Costs me $20 a week. Which reminds me, I must start going again. I've put on 5kg :(

Anyway, the last time I was there they allowed walk in customers. There was a fee of about $5 for the pool, not sure about gym use.

Advertisement