Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT24mb Queries

Options
  • 21-05-2009 9:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

is a few questions.

a. it syncs at 20mb or so, grand not to pushed getting full wack, but wired its maxing dls out at 10mb and wireless down to 4mb?

alsi i changed over due to cut outs with eircom at peak times... this has started happening again... is that reason to cancel my sub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i dont think i ever had dl's max out the speed, but the speed will depend from where you download it from.
    did you try checking your speeds on speedtest.net? you should getting in around the 17mb mark give or take a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lickarse2

is a few questions.

a. it syncs at 20mb or so, grand not to pushed getting full wack, but wired its maxing dls out at 10mb and wireless down to 4mb?

alsi i changed over due to cut outs with eircom at peak times... this has started happening again... is that reason to cancel my sub?

Wireless can be lower due to distance from the router. Signal quality drops and so does throughput.

Also remember that Wireless is 54Mbps max and can be quite a bit lower than that in prcatice.

It's the wired connection you should concentrate on for testing purposes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

478810690.png

thats from beside the router...with wireless.

wired, is having issues identifying network... tho earlier it was maxing out at 10mb... dunno, settings are all funky i think... using a zyxel p600 router til the bt one arrives... would that help? oh and i tried it with the wireless adaptor that came with router, no difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lickarse2

478810690.png

thats from beside the router...with wireless.

wired, is having issues identifying network... tho earlier it was maxing out at 10mb... dunno, settings are all funky i think... using a zyxel p600 router til the bt one arrives... would that help? oh and i tried it with the wireless adaptor that came with router, no difference

It might make a difference if the router was not an ADSL2+ one. AFAIK, you can only get 24mb on ADSL2+, so an older router won't support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

lickarse2 wrote: »
    It might make a difference if the router was not an ADSL2+ one. AFAIK, you can only get 24mb on ADSL2+, so an older router won't support it.

But the OP said he is syncing at 20Mb, so he deffo has a adsl2+ router.

OP, never use wireless for speed tests. Always use a wired connection. Best to test your speed by downloading the 500mb test image from ftp.esat.net to test your connection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

well regardless of speed with wired, its not gonna be used wired, anyway to speed up the wireless? i've tried diff channels and fiddled with everything

Advertisement