Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Beer?

• 21-05-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Whats the best beer to buy in Lidl thats relativly cheap? Bottle or cans.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Perlenbacher is 500ml bottles, 6 for €7. Tyskie is on offer at the moment, 500ml polish beer, think €1.69 a bottle. Cans of grafenwalder are €1.13 I think, and are nice too.

Bottom of the barrel is excelsior, 4 cans for €3.45 I think. Has unusual side effects ;)

galactus1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Thanks Perlenbacher seems like a good one. Be sure to stay well away from excelsior!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i always get aldi's and lidls range mixed up..

But i think it was lidl that had 'Staropramen'
    Thats quite nice.

They also has Tyskie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

pa990 wrote: »
    i always get aldi's and lidls range mixed up..

But i think it was lidl that had 'Staropramen'
    Thats quite nice.

They also has Tyskie

I was in Lidl Friday night getting a few Tyskie (€1.79 a bottle and worth every penny)

They had Staropramen alright, didn't see the price tag on them tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭yknaa

Even better! Spotted Franziskaner for sale on Sunday €1.99 a bottle.
    Best by a mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

yknaa wrote: »
    Best by a mile

Cool! About time Lidl got some proper German beer in.Aldi always have a good selection and are
    still selling Spaten Helles at €1.99.

Staropramen is €1.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Tyskie beats Staropramen by a country mile imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yknaa wrote: »
    Best by a mile

This is often 5 for €10 in O'Briens these days, as is budvar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Just noticed this thread and I have happened to get some Franziskaner weissbier in Lidl today. And yes it is €1.99 ... All stocked up for the match tomorrow :D

Edit ... had to try it tonight just in case it would not do for tomorrow night ;)

Not bad ... has a touch of that clove taste that I love in certain Wheat beers. Nice initial taste but it seems a bit light in the finish i.e. it does not seem to last as long as I thought it should but I am no beer expert.

ENjoyable though and I am not dissappointed :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Nice initial taste but it seems a bit light in the finish i.e. it does not seem to last as long as I thought it should
    Yeah, I'd agree with that assessment. Schneider Weisse is the next step up, IMO. I can get it for just 61c more in Superquinn and I reckon it's worth it.

I actually find that taste of Schneider Weisse very disappointing.
    Just my opinion but I find it lacks the flavour of other typical hefe beers.
    It instantly loses it's head and I also find it more carbonated than other weissbeers.Its very smooth and drinkable but I don't think it's a step up from Franziskaner. Different strokes for different folks I suppose!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is Franziskaner still for sale in Lidl? I stopped into buy some earlier - no sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Is Franziskaner still for sale in Lidl? I stopped into buy some earlier - no sign.

Seems to be gone from my local Lidl for the past week and a half :( it's one of the only beers I like too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

cannot emphasise this enough STAY AWAY FROM EXCELSIOR. Stupidly bought 48 cans for oxegen last year, never ever again.

seems to a shortage of Franzikaner in both lidl and aldi.
    No sign of it in aldi, and i picked up the last 10bottles in lidl., at a bargain 1.69 per bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

fobster wrote: »
    Tyskie beats Staropramen by a country mile imo.

Controversial!

Franzikaner was only sold in Lidl not Aldi,Aldi sell Spaten.
    Most good off licences sell Franzikaner,saw it in Sweeney's in Glasnevin on Friday for €9.99 for five bottles. The Lord Mayor's Pub in Swords have an off licence and they were selling it for €8.65 for five bottles which is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

rubadub wrote: »
    This is often 5 for €10 in O'Briens these days, as is budvar.

Redmonds have this deal on Fransiskaner, Staropramen, Warsteiner, 1791 and a few other 500ml bottles, pick any 5 for €10 :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Morgase wrote: »
    Seems to be gone from my local Lidl for the past week and a half :( it's one of the only beers I like too.

I'll get to the bottom of this.....

customer.services@lidl.ie <customer.services@lidl.ie>

Re: Franziskaner Weissbier"

"Hi,

Just wondering have you stopped stocking this product?
    Tried 2 stores in Limerick (Ennis Road and Castletroy) for it over the w/e. Seems to have disappeared.

Please advise.

Regards,"

• Advertisement

i sent a similar mail to lidl
    here's the reply:

Dear Mr

We write to you following your recent email regarding the Franziskaner Weissbier.

We wish to advise you that unfortunately the above product is unavailable at the moment in our stores, however if it goes on sale in the future it will be advertised in our leaflets and on our website.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Regards,

Emer Lawlor.

Customer Services Team

Tel: 1800 347 447

News is better here....

"Dear Mr Ford,

We write in relation to your recent email regarding the availability of out Franziskaner Beer.

We have been advised that this item will be available in all store in the next few weeks.

if yo require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Your sincerely

Susan Somers
    Customer Services
    Free Phone ROI: 1800 347 447
    Free Phone NI: 0800 0180 266
    Fax: 00 353 45 433223

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Lidl Ireland GmbH
    Registered Office: Great Connell Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Republic of Ireland, Registered in Ireland No. 904141;
    tel: +353(0) 45 440 400 web: www.lidl.ie

i hope it comes back.
    the SchofferHofer in aldi is quite nice, but i do like to chop and change between the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

News is better here....

"Dear Mr Ford,

We write in relation to your recent email regarding the availability of out Franziskaner Beer.

We have been advised that this item will be available in all store in the next few weeks.

if yo require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Your sincerely

Susan Somers
    Customer Services
    Free Phone ROI: 1800 347 447
    Free Phone NI: 0800 0180 266
    Fax: 00 353 45 433223

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Lidl Ireland GmbH
    Registered Office: Great Connell Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Republic of Ireland, Registered in Ireland No. 904141;
    tel: +353(0) 45 440 400 web: www.lidl.ie

And here.......

Dear Benny,

We write following your recent email regarding the availability of our Franziskaner Beer.

We wish to advised you that this item should be available in all stores within the next few weeks.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Your sincerely

Susan Somers

hmmm...
    Susan seems to know something that Emer doesn't know

hopefully it'll come back at some super reduced price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭yknaa

Floods, pay cuts, lay offs, Nama, and now this. When, oh when will all this pain end ?:D Hope they get it in again asap.
    pa990 wrote: »
    i sent a similar mail to lidl
    here's the reply:

Dear Mr

We write to you following your recent email regarding the Franziskaner Weissbier.

We wish to advise you that unfortunately the above product is unavailable at the moment in our stores, however if it goes on sale in the future it will be advertised in our leaflets and on our website.

Tel: 1800 347 447

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I just seen fresh stock in kilkenny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Does anyone know if Lidl or Aldi are open today??:confused:

• Advertisement

Tried their Ennis Road Limerick shop for Franziskaner earlier - no joy.

Advertisement