Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Beer?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Seriously? They're completely different imo. Moretti is a grand lager, but that's it - not too much character in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hamndegger wrote: »
    The closest beer I'd liken Moretti to is Sam Adams; it's a little more malted than Adams and is a grand mid week beer if you want to slop out and take it handy with minimum fuss.

Maybe it's better than I remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Shepherd Neane Gouldings Summer Ale @ €1.49 per bottle: not tried it but others here seem to not like it - maybe stay clear!

I second the last part of your statement ... stay clear

The Summer Ale is just that a very light ale with a bit of sparkle, Think of lightly hop flavoured carbonated water :(. Only really good for quenching your thirst ...don't be expecting a a taste sensation.

Shepherd Neane 4-4-2 Hop Beer @ €1.49 per bottle Sounds interesting - probably worth a punt and if you like it, stock up!

Don't know where the ten varieties of hop went to but this is just a step up from the Summer Ale.

Both disappointing for me but if you like light tasting beers then fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Tried the 4-4-2 there last night.

Quite similar to the Goldings, wafer thin with a strange slightly metallic hoppiness. Not much to it at all at all. 10 hops me arse.:rolleyes:

Infact, it tastes like a generic Sheperds neame beer. There all very samey. I bought a few so I'll give it another go at the weekend!!
    Maybe it'll taste better then!:cool:

Has anyone had a Sheperds Neame beer on Cask? I'd be curious to know how the experience was?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Maybe they meant 10 hops? like literally 10 hops used in the entire brewing process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Lidl World Cup Deals ...

Franziskander @ €1.49 per bottle.

Becks @ €4.99 per 6x 275cl pack

Shepherd Neane Gouldings Summer Ale @ €1.49 per bottle

Shepherd Neane 4-4-2 Hop Beer @ €1.49 per bottle

Sol Beer @ €0.99 per bottle

Brahma @ €3.99 per 4x330ml pack

Moretti Larger @ €5.99 per 4x330ml pack

Fosters Cans @ €8 per 6x500ml pack

Heineken @ €19.99 per 20x330ml pack

Heineken 5L Draught Keg @ €17.99

Grafenwalder Pils 5L Draught Keg @ €12.99

Budweiser @ €15.99 per 20x300ml pack

San Miguel @ €9.99 per 15x330ml pack

Tuborg Cans @ €6.99 per 6x500ml pack

Savanna Dry Cider @ €1.99 per 500ml bottle

Hopefully they will have the Shepherd Neame stuff in my local Lidl can anybody recoment them????? Not overly interested in the rest.

Off to lidl I go :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Maybe it's better than I remember!

To be fair, they are both reasonable beers though they are not world beaters nor do they come across as same. Neither are real ales or crafted beers but compared to Bud/Heineken then they are spots ahead, not that say a lot about them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

San Miguel @ €9.99 per 15x275ml pack

Just picked up two cases of this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

mmmm cheap beer :D :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Today 12 X 500ml Perlenbacher for €9. Great deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement