Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish paper II (o.l.)

Options
  • 21-05-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

I was studying stories for paper II in irish when I realised ''paper II is only worth 18% of the entire grade''

So I thought if you work hard for paper I by learning vocabulary and doing comprehensions, along with some listening, shouldn't people still do well?

I think I got at least a C in the oral which is about 85 marks already. . .

What do other people think? Is it worth studying all the stories and poems if it's less than 20%?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

Should you not always strive for 100%??

Would you be happy if a surgeon operating on you only got a bare pass or even a C3??
    Maybe the higher grade will get you onto your preferred course ahead of someone who only received a low honour??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Don't bother studying the poems indepth. I did grand by saying the same thing over and over again in my mock. All the questions were the same, what's the emotion of this poem? Love is in pretty much all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not really getting very in-depth with the stories or poems, I wrote a ton of waffle in my mock and got a B. Definitely focus on paper 1, but don't completely ignore paper 2. It may be the difference between a B and an A

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

is it possible to fail pass irish? seriously i have totaly ignored the subject for the last 2 years and my first irish oral was the real one when i messed up the sliocht but managed to keep the conversation flowing..i got 60% in the mocks but the teacher told us wat was comin up in paper 2 basically so i nt sure how worried i should be since i havent even looked at irish since i only need the d3 as it not counting...im a bit worried that i might fail:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

that's the problem about irish. I'm not counting it for points because I'm doing 6 higher subjects, but you still have to pass it. It's annoying to be honest but it has to be done.

Happydayz182 : just focus on paper 1 with comprehension and essays. Do a bit of listening aswell. paper 1 is over 30% because it's 220 marks out of 600. Listening is also 20%. So you can nearly get an honour out of those alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Don't study any more than you have to then. If you did honours for your JC you probably won't need to study much at all. I did alright in my oral so I'm not studying any Irish at all now. I'll have a look over some poems the night before the exam as I've no other exam that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I wish Paper 2 was worth a lot more tbh!!!

I got 100% in it in the pre, and my LC last year...Only got a B1 overall though..

Advertisement